Dream is looking for a Senior Accountant
We are always looking for the best and brightest to join our thriving community. Dream’s Accounting team is currently looking for a Senior Accountant to support our Western Development teams.
Who are you?
There’s a lot happening at Dream, and it’s happening fast. Are you knowledgeable but humble? Do you show initiative and take pride in your work? If so, read on. We want to hear from you.
In your 4+ years of experience, you’ve had the chance to work in the accounting group of a real estate development and/or a home builder company. We like that you are a team player, that you take ownership of your responsibilities, and that you can keep your calm and contribute to the team even during crunch time.
We want you on board because you are professional and appreciate your colleagues’ strengths and experiences, and are happy to share your thoughts and experience with the team. You can manage your own work, and you’re looking forward to the opportunity to be an integral member of your team.
We care about bringing on someone who is eager to work hard, learn, and have fun. In other words, we want you to fit in here. This is an opportunity for you to take on challenging responsibilities, share your knowledge, and learn, all while working in an environment that is fast-paced, dynamic and fun. Are you ready?
What will you do?
Below are some of the primary responsibilities you will be taking on in this role. There will be more, but we can discuss those in person.
- Completion of monthly and quarterly accounting entries and procedures;
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of relevant balance sheet and income statement accounts;
- Assist with our Treasury function, as needed;
- Ensure local compliance with corporate internal control framework;
- Accomplish tasks on time and contribute to the team by taking on special projects, as required;
- Provide support to other members of the accounting team;
- Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with the operations team; and
- Prepare year-end working papers for the external audit process and ad-hoc analysis for our business.
What type of experience and skills do you have?
These are only some of the things we’d like you to bring to the table. We can cover the rest when we meet.
- A business or accounting degree, with a CPA designation or one in progress.
- You have experience in the real estate sector and/or a publicly traded company.
- Highly skilled at multi-tasking and identifying priorities.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Extra points if you’re comfortable with IFRS and/or experience with JD Edwards.
Who are we?
Dream Unlimited Corp. is a leading Canadian real estate company with approximately $8 billion of assets under management in North America and Europe. We develop, manage, and invest in master-planned communities, income properties, and urban intensification. We proudly build communities from the ground up: from land development to buildings homes and condominiums, and from providing retail centres and driving renewable energy projects to managing assets across the country.
Our attitude and approach sets us apart from our competitors. We are guided by our entrepreneurial spirit: we seize unconventional opportunities and try new things, approaching every project with passion and purpose.
We care about our employees. We want everyone to have a rewarding career and to work with people they like, so we provide exciting work opportunities, open work environments, and fun events. We hire constant learners, so we make sure to provide them with engaging work and to encourage them to share their ideas that will help us shape the company.
Once you join us, it won’t take long to figure out why your colleagues like it so much here.
This is your invitation to make a difference. We’re looking forward to helping you grow.
Dream Unlimited is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process