Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Canadian Pacific’s Internal Audit department is seeking an experienced Senior Internal Auditor to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity to join an internal audit function that is progressing and moving towards trusted advisory with the business. The Senior Internal Auditor is responsible for conducting independent, objective audits in accordance with Institute of Internal Auditors Standards, managing multiple projects and priorities, ensuring effective communication of results and recommendations to Management. You will be working in a team environment with the broader Internal Audit team designing and executing procedures on audits that range from: contract compliance, operations, financial, governance engagements and others. Depending on specific engagement accountabilities and resource allocation you may be reviewing and conducting procedures to provide some assurance related to the interim and annual financial statements and related disclosure documents. This role works on a portfolio of audit/advisory projects and governance activities performed at the request of the Board and management.
- Plan and execute audit projects including detailed risk assessments, development of audit scope and objectives, development and execution of audit program, identification of process improvements, and documentation of audit observations;
- Lead and/or perform as a team member audit activities including managing the audit projects, ensuring audit quality, maintaining audit documentation as per IIA and department standards;
- Write clear and concise audit reports with value-added recommendations;
- Present audit reports to management at various levels and obtain SMART action plans that address identified business risks;
- Follow-up with management to ensure timely implementation of management action plans;
- Research and provide synopses on complex accounting and significant transactions;
- Review and analyze the financial statements and related disclosure documents;
- Maintain objectivity and independence while fostering positive and professional relationships with Management;
- Develop and apply knowledge of the railroad and industry/CP specific processes and technologies.
- University degree in business, accounting, finance or related field;
- Professional designation (CPA, CIA, and/or CFE); equivalent combination of education and work experience would also be considered;
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience in an auditing role with established analytical, investigative, problem-solving, and root cause identification skills;
- Knowledge of US GAAP or IFRS;
- Strong knowledge of SOX requirements;
- Proven ability to work independently and effectively with minimal supervision;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong Interpersonal skills to manage business relationships with various levels of management;
- Experience with a data analysis software would be an asset;
- ERP/SAP expertise would be an asset.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").
More search results
Northwest Territories Power Corporation
Director, Member Engagement and Technical Advisor…
Manager Internal Controls
Canadian Pacific Railway
Senior Accountant (Full Cycle)
Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra
Full Time Auditor/Senior Accountant
EPR Yellowknife Accounting Professionals Corporation