Joly Heinzlmeir Chartered Professional Accountant is a growing accounting firm with 25+ years of experience serving a wide variety of clients throughout central Alberta. We build meaningful long-term relationships with the businesses and individuals we serve while providing personalized and professional accounting and taxation services. Our close-knit team of staff, supports and encourages one another which truly makes the work environment a pleasure to be a part of. We are seeking a full-time Senior Accountant to join our team as we continue to grow and advance.
This position offers opportunities, including a future partnership arrangement.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Efficiently prepare compilation, review, bookkeeping and tax engagements and complete working papers, financial statements, corresponding notes and tax returns for compilation and review engagements for clients in a variety of businesses.
- Compute taxes owed and prepare personal and corporate tax returns (and other tax compliance slips) ensuring compliance with government standards.
- Follow up on review notes, confirmations received and outstanding issues to assist in the completion of the file.
- Apply knowledge of Accounting Standards for Private Enterprise (ASPE).
- Stay current with all the Assurance changes and requirements.
- Assist in setting up Assurance templates, where necessary.
- Communicate with governments regarding information requests, assessments and installments.
- Supervise, train and mentor junior staff members and review their work.
- Effectively communicate with team members regarding progress updates and issues on an ongoing basis.
- Build positive working relationships with clients and effectively respond to requests, queries and suggestions as well as assist them with accounting software, bookkeeping and data entry as assigned.
- Think strategically about client needs by understanding their business and key risks.
- Work with accounting software and provide support to clients.
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes.
- Attend courses to further develop your accounting and assurance knowledge.
- Develop a portfolio of new clients and business opportunities on an ongoing basis.
- Professional designation required.
- Minimum 5 years (post-designation) public practice experience.
- In depth experience in ASPE files.
- Solid technical knowledge of the CPA Canada Handbook
- Thorough working knowledge of programs including, Caseware, Caseview, Taxprep, Excel, Word, Sage and Quickbooks.
- Display strong problem solving, analytical and communication skills.
- Value teamwork, client service and quality in detailed work.
- Possess a strong attention to detail and integration skill set
- Ability to prioritize workloads and manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple staff.
- Ability to be clear and concise through excellent written and verbal communication.
We provide a competitive salary, including medical benefits, member dues, professional development courses, and reduced hours in the summer.
Please reply in confidence with a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest. We regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted in early January.
More search results
Northwest Territories Power Corporation
Director, Member Engagement and Technical Advisor…
Manager Internal Controls
Canadian Pacific Railway
Senior Accountant (Full Cycle)
Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra
Full Time Auditor/Senior Accountant
EPR Yellowknife Accounting Professionals Corporation