Full Time Role
The Finance Manager will be responsible for all aspects of finance at Carbon Corps—including everything from inputting receivables/payables, to drawing up annual budgets, managing grants, and board presentations. The Finance Manager also supports the executive management team by offering insights and financial advice that will allow them to make the best business decisions for the company.
Finance Manager duties and responsibilities of the job include, but not be limited to:
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions
- Contract outside services for tax preparation, auditing, banking, investments, and other financial needs as necessary
- Track the company's financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
- Managing the full cycle of grant process, including grant application through monitoring deliverables relating to grants
- Seek out methods for minimizing financial risk to the company
- Research and analyze financial reports and market trends
- Provide insightful information and expectations to senior executives to aid in long-term and short-term decision making
- Review financial data and prepare monthly and annual reports
- Present financial reports to board members, stakeholders, executives, and clients in formal meetings
- Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
- Collaborate with management on development and execution of funding strategies
The Finance Manager job qualifications and requirements
- 4 years experience in the financial field
- A degree in a related field with a CPA, or with the ability to successfully obtain a CPA
- Demonstrated ability to perform the above duties
As well as formal qualifications, we’re looking for an team member with the following:
- An analytical mind
- Negotiation skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships
- Commercial and business awareness
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal
- A keen eye for detail and desire to probe further into data
- Ability to stick to time constraints
We thank you for taking the time to apply and expressing interest in Carbon Corp. We wish that we could personally respond to everyone who applies, however it is our practice to contact only those individuals selected for interviews.
Successful candidates will require clearance on all applicable background checks and professional reference checks are required. Clearance on pre-placement medical and drug and alcohol testing will be required for all safety sensitive positions.
In order to be considered for this role you must be legally eligible to work in Canada.