Stoney Nation is looking for highly experienced, highly skilled Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA's) to join its Finance Team.
Located in the beautiful Rocky Mountain's 65 km west of Calgary, the Stoney Nation is like a Federal, Provincial and Municipal Government combined that houses three First Nations, three schools, three health centres, a public works department, over $117 million in annual revenues, 650+ employees and about 45 seperate financial reporting entities.
In addition to a CPA designation, you must thrive in a fast-paced environment, have expert skills in excel and have a desire to challenge yourself in an environment where you can make a positive contribution to the development and oversight of financial accountabilities in a progressive and empowering setting.
Reporting to the Senior Managment Team, the Assistant Controllers duties will include, but not limited to, management and involvement in all accounting functions:
- Planning, directing and coordinating various accounting functions
- Ensuring that systems of internal control and procedures are appropriate and in place
- Managing funding agreements, bank deposits, funding transfers and other funding agreeement related duties
- Internal management reporting and external financial reporting
- Maintenance of general ledger and general ledger reconciliation
- Financial statement preperation including audit working paper and lead sheet preperation
- Other non-routine, complex accounting assignments requiring highly developed analytical skills and business acumen.
Along side the beautiful views, the Nation offers a highly attractive compensation and benefits package with an 8:30am to 4:30pm weekday office setting.
More search results
Northwest Territories Power Corporation
Director, Member Engagement and Technical Advisor…
Manager Internal Controls
Canadian Pacific Railway
Senior Accountant (Full Cycle)
Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra
Full Time Auditor/Senior Accountant
EPR Yellowknife Accounting Professionals Corporation