HLH LLP Chartered Professional Accountants is a local full-service CPA firm operating out of the downtown core of Edmonton – and yes, our office is currently open! We have a spacious floor plan with plenty of room for physical distancing, while still maintaining our fun, in-person team atmosphere.
We love what we do! We are a youthful, energetic and innovative firm that truly enjoys life. We have a well-trained team and efficient systems that enable us to deliver complex, quality and valued services to our private company and not-for-profit clients. Our team is exposed to a rich and diverse mix of client projects in many sectors of the economy. We are deeply committed to finding improved efficiencies and following ‘lean’ thinking for ourselves and our clients.
Work/life balance is not something we strive for - it is core to who we are and how we operate. Our professionals work less overtime hours than other professional firms typically require and get paid when they do. We are actively involved in our community and encourage our team to give back where they can.
Are you currently in public practice working with private company clients to help them meet their assurance, tax compliance and/or tax planning needs? Would you like to be a key player in the growth of a dynamic practice and advance your career at your own pace? Do you have a keen desire to help your clients and co-workers grow and be successful? Do you love problem solving and continuous improvement? If you answered “yes” to these questions, we want to meet you!
In addition to the above, our ideal candidate will have:
- CPA designation
- Minimum 5 years of public accounting experience; preferably working with owner-managed businesses on assurance and non-assurance engagements
- Experience with complex tax planning scenarios, corporate reorganizations, succession planning and company valuations
- Demonstrated ability to proactively manage client relationships with limited partner involvement
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and strong experience with Caseware, TaxPrep, Sage and/or QuickBooks
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills, organized and able to manage multiple deadlines
We are currently looking for the right individual to join us at either the Manager or Senior Manager level. As the successful candidate, you will be an important part of our management team and will be a key support to our clients, partners and the entire HLH team. At the same time, you will be given the opportunity to build your own practice and business network within our supportive and dynamic environment. Other duties include:
- Review of financial statements and tax returns in accordance with firm standards (NTRs, Reviews and Audits)
- Managing client relationships and identifying opportunities to expand services with clients
- Tax planning and general client advisory and assistance. Recommendations and consultation with clients on internal systems and procedures
- Mentorship, training and support to existing staff along with regular contributions to improving firm policies and procedures
We offer a fun working environment, great benefits, highly competitive compensation and an opportunity to work with great people!
To be considered for this opportunity please submit your cover letter and resume here: https://hlhcpa.bamboohr.com/hiring/jobs/21 or check out the careers page on our website: https://hlhcpa.com/join-our-team/
Thank you for your interest in our firm. If we are interested in your application, we will contact you directly.