Corporate Comptroller / Director of Finance & Administration
- Input Capital Corp.
- Regina, SK
- Commensurate with experience
- Job Industry
- Professional, scientific and technical services
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
Input Capital Corp. is TSX Venture Exchange-listed agriculture finance company based in Regina, Saskatchewan. Input recently announced the acquisition of SRG Security Resource Group Inc., which provides world-class Protective Security Guard and Patrol and Cyber Security services to clients across Canada.
The Corporate Comptroller / Director of Finance & Administration is a senior role reporting to the Chief Financial Officer and plays a key role on the management team as the leader of the Accounting & Finance group through the combination of the two companies’ financial reporting and facilitating their respective growth plans.
Key responsibilities include:
Day-to-Day Operational Accounting & Treasury Functions
- Management responsibility for day-to-day accounting and treasury operations, including but not limited to:
- Documentation & maintenance of complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions across multiple corporate entities;
- Developing and maintaining financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash;
- Bank and investment account reconciliations and covenant compliance;
- Oversight of the bookkeeping function including maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll;
- Development and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure that personnel and financial information is secure and stored in compliance with current legislation;
- Managing the acquisition of capital assets and ensure that assets are properly recorded, amortized, and disposed of as appropriate
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures;
- Smooth integration of all accounting and financial reporting related to acquisitions, M&A activity, and all operating subsidiaries; and
- Ensure that all statutory requirements of the organization are met including Withholding Payments (CPP, EI), Income Tax, Goods and Services Tax, monthly regulatory & statutory reporting, etc.
- Management responsibility for the development and maintenance of timely and accurate internal and external consolidated financial statements are appropriate for the users and in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS); and
- You will be the primary operational contact between the company and its external auditors, liaising with the Chief Financial Officer, Audit Committee Chair and Audit Committee as necessary.
Corporate Performance, Tracking & Reporting:
- Develop and implement a robust system of internal controls to enhance the company’s consolidated public reporting requirements;
- Create, produce and track corporate performance metrics and reports across the company for use by the executive team and internal and external audiences, including investor relations purposes;
- Maintain and continue development of the company’s corporate model used in forecasting and strategic planning;
- Management / oversight of SEDAR / SEDI compliance for the executive leadership team and board of directors;
- Internally report monthly results and implement monthly variance reporting;
- Monitor and report monthly on covenant compliance under outstanding credit facilities, if any;
- Manage the cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts in accordance with policy;
- Play an ongoing role in the preparation of the company’s public investor reporting and communication materials; and
- Support the Executive Leadership Team on any M&A and / or corporate finance proposals / activity.
Preference will be given to an individual who possesses:
- Post-secondary education and preferably fifteen or more years’ experience in an accounting/audit role, preferably with publicly traded companies, or entities reporting under IFRS;
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions and the consolidation of newly acquired entities, particularly including the finance, accounting, reporting and administrative elements;
- Experience in the development, management and oversight of robust systems of internal controls;
- A professional accounting designation;
- Teamwork and strong customer service orientation;
- Strong working knowledge of accounting systems and software, and MS Office tools with the ability to create and manipulate spreadsheets, format financial documents and manage corporate documentation and data;
- The ability to work independently using sound judgment and initiative;
- Strong attention to detail with demonstrated organizational, analytical and presentation skills;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills; and
- A good sense of humour.
- As part of a small entrepreneurial management team, you need to be the kind of person who is willing to jump in as necessary to get things done;
- You need to be flexible and adaptable, and willing to work longer hours when the need arises; and
- You should enjoy your work and have a good sense of humour.
- Executive Vice-President & CFO
Functions of Team Members You will Oversee
- Manager of Finance & Accounting
- Manager of Administration & HR
- Accounts Receivable
- Accounts Payable
- Information Technology
- Competitive salary + benefits
- Annual bonuses
- December 31, 2020
If you fit the profile above and want to join a company with big new plans, you should consider applying for this position. Please submit your cv/resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.