We come in every morning with a clear aim in mind. We want to be the firm where our business and individual clients benefit from our expertise, gain from our long experience and feel at home with us. Our firm offers real opportunity for accounting professionals who want to make an impact with their work, develop their expertise, broaden their perspective and be part of a close-knit and active community.
We are seeking a designated accountant with a minimum of three years experience in public practice. This role is ideal for a self-motivated and experienced individual.
- Preparation of year-end engagements in a variety of industries
- Audit field and supervisory work in both the not-for-profit and profit sector
- Preparation of corporate, personal and trust income tax returns
- Consultations and relationship building with clients and team members
- Business development initiatives including opportunities for new and existing clients
- Training of team members and participation in technical updates
Skills and Qualifications:
- CPA (Canada) designation
- 3 years’ experience in public practice
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles including ASPE and ASNPO
- Experience with Caseware, Taxprep (or similar tax program), Sage and/or Quickbooks will be an asset
- Highly-organized, with a strong attention to detail and ability to think critically and prioritize tasks
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively
What we can offer:
- Full time employment
- Attractive base salary with benefits (based on skills and experience)
- Team orientated culture with an entrepreneurial mind-set that encourages ownership over your role
- Strong team environment
- Work/life balance living in the beautiful East Kootenay region of British Columbia
If you have the skills and qualifications listed above, we invite you to forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 16, 2020. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information on our firm, please visit our website at www.vantagepointcpa.ca.