Where community lives. Be part of something special at Maclab Properties Group.
As Maclab Properties Group continue to experience strong growth, we are seeking a Corporate Accountant to join our team in Western Canada.
This position is focused on financial accounting and tax preparation for both Canadian and US- operations. You will primarily be responsible for assisting in providing management and ownership with accurate and timely financial statements, management reporting information and ensure compliance.
You will be expected to complete preparation of financial statements and supporting year end notes, preparation of monthly cash flow reports with variance analysis including forecast. This role also involves preparation of pro-forma corporate income tax analysis and ad-hoc special projects.
This position reports to the Director, Tax and Accounting.
Who We Are:
At Maclab Properties Group and Midwest Property Management, we have managed quality residential and commercial rental properties in Alberta, British Columbia and the North West Territories for the last 50 years.
We are committed to providing the best value and quality for our residents by consistently maintaining our properties and delivering excellent customer service. We serve a variety of cities within Western Canada, including Edmonton, Calgary, Red Deer, Medicine Hat, Yellowknife, and Burnaby and the Unites States.
Our commitment to our residents and our communities allows us to fulfill our mission statement: "Where community lives."
With over 200 employees, Midwest Property Management offers a multi-generational, inclusive work environment where we groom exceptional people, develop leaders and deliver on our mission. Midwest Property Management is a division of the Maclab Properties Group, a Canadian leader in the property management industry. Since our founding in the 1950's, our growth has paralleled that of Alberta and Western Canada.
What you will get to do as a Corporate Accountant with Maclab Properties Group:
- Review of cyclical capital expenditure reporting
- Prepare accurate and timely GAAP-based financial reporting including management reporting
- Introduce and develop new procedures to improve the accounting process and improve departmental workflow
- Prepare accounting journal entries and reconciliation of accounts, monthly financial statements and year end note disclosures as required.
- Preparation of corporate and personal income tax returns including detailed supporting working papers for various corporate entities as assigned.
- Prepare monthly cash flow reports with comparison to budget, variance analysis, and forecast updates.
- Assist in supporting external auditor requests, creating and maintain working paper files for audit purposes and other ad hoc reports.
- Assistance with FACTA reporting requirements.
- Assistance with Canadian branch for U.S. reporting and compliance requirements.
- Assist in corporate projects as they arise.
What you will need to be successful in the role:
- A Post-Secondary Diploma or Degree, designated CPA or other recognized designation, along with 3 years of related accounting and tax experience is required
- A minimum of three years experience as a corporate accountant or in public practice
- Basic knowledge of corporate tax compliance requirements
- Experience in completing tax returns and financial statements including pro-forma tax returns
- Ability to analyze and present financial results with ease and has strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure, handle multiple projects with tight deadlines, and meet set deadline
- Experience with CaseWare and CCH Corporate Tax prep and Business Dynamics is a desirable asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Strong aptitude for attention for detail
- Honesty, integrity and ability to keep confidential information is a must
We offer a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefit package, company matched RRSP contribution plan, comprehensive group benefits, health and fitness spending accounts and premium rental opportunities.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check.
If you have worked in the property management or real estate field, you have a leg up on other applicants because you understand the market. Make sure you highlight this experience.