Are you an Accountant looking for your next opportunity to support the financial functions of a non-profit agency? Do you like to be challenged with day to day accounting activities related to complex journal entries, audits, financial analysis, reconciliations, reporting and much more? You will have the opportunity to work on multiple accounting activities and be part of an environment that promotes relationship building with employees and stakeholders at all levels.
Hours: Full-time during business hours.
Remote Work During Covid-19 (temporary): Must have the technical ability and self-direction to work from home with occasional attendance in office. Contact with staff members is most often through electronic means and by telephone.
Why Join Our Team
- Be a part of leading a supportive team, dedicated to professional and personal growth.
- Robust benefits program, 3 weeks’ vacation, EAP and other work related benefits.
- Enhance the capacity of financial knowledge of our leaders through your expertise.
In Your Role You Will
- Maintain General Ledger records including entering complex journal entries and posting bank reconciliations.
- Prepare payroll journal entry summaries and complete related bank fund transfer transactions.
- Perform monthly inter-company reconciliations and internal cost allocations.
- Assist the Finance Director in external year-end audit analysis which includes: financial reconciliations and analysis of the General Ledger, and preparation of Financial Statements.
- Reconcile budgets to actual variance analyses.
- Complete and review GST returns and GST remittances.
- Compile internal and external stakeholder reports including financial performance reports for multiple funders.
- Support Accounts Payables and Accounts Receivables activities.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Degree in Accounting such as a Bachelor of Business Administration or Bachelor of Commerce with an Accounting concentration.
- CPA, Equivalent Accounting Designation, or CPA in progress is an asset.
- Police Check with Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Intervention Record Check.
- 3+ years’ experience in a related-Accounting position dealing with fund accounting.
- Hands-on experience with full cycle accounting in terms of direct participation in month-end and year-end accounting activities; financial analysis and reporting; and, budgeting.
- Proficient with an accounting system, preferably SAGE 300.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, including VLOOKUP and Pivot Tables in Excel.
- Knowledge of applicable charitable legislation: municipally, provincially and federally.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Please submit a thoughtful Cover Letter and Resume outlining your relevant interest and experience to:
At e4c diversity is our strength. We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants. We welcome your application regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation or faith.
Thank you to all those apply and those who are short-listed will be contacted.