Financial Reporting Accountant
Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic and supportive team player for the role of Financial Reporting Accountant.
This is a non-permanent, 1-year contract position located at our St. Albert office. The successful candidate will receive a competitive annual salary and may be eligible for benefits including paid pension and matching RRSP program, 4-week’s annual vacation, company paid dental and extended health benefits, and many additional employee incentives. Relocation assistance is also available for those who will need to move into the local area.
- Preparation of the following:
- monthly management financial statements and information.
- statutory financial statements, including disclosure notes under IFRS.
- position papers relating to complex accounting matters including discussions and impact assessment on new accounting pronouncements.
- month-end and year-end journal entries.
- audit working papers.
- working papers relating to Canadian and US tax returns.
- information for parent company consolidation packages.
- Provide assistance in the internal and external audit process.
- Assist in the forecast and budgeting processes.
- Communicate and correspond with team members on daily basis.
- Candidate must be willing and able to travel occasionally to operating locations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Currently hold an Accounting Designation.
- Minimum of 3 years of public accounting experience.
- Experience in manufacturing and forestry industries is an asset.
- Comprehensive knowledge of IFRS with an ability to prepare position papers on complex matters.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Experience handling Canadian and US tax returns is preferred.
- Experience working with complex Information Technology environments is preferred.
- Be a highly self-motivated team player and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to collaborate and prioritize with excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills.
Due to COVID-19, the successful candidate is likely to commence working remotely until restrictions lift, then they will be located in the St. Albert Office.
Please forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. This position will be considered open until filled.
Al-Pac is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.