The Institution: College of the Rockies
Located in the spectacular Kootenay Rockies of southeastern British Columbia, the College of the Rockies (“COTR”) combines an exceptional learning experience with an unparalleled lifestyle. Celebrating over 40 years of post-secondary excellence and innovation, as well as a thriving student-centric community, COTR is at the forefront of educational practices and technologies and is committed to delivering a dynamic and enriching experience in support of student learning and success.
To learn more, please visit COTR’s website.
The Opportunity: Director - Finance
The Director – Finance (“Director”) is a newly created role, accountable directly to the VP – Finance and Corporate Services to provide leadership to the Financial Services Department and for ensuring complete and accurate financial records and reporting. The Director provides operational leadership to the College’s budget and variance reporting cycles, and works as an internal financial consultant to the College’s budget officers in a responsive, innovative and integrated fashion. The Director also has responsibility to provide operational and strategic leadership to the Purchasing department and provide leadership in departmental strategic and integrated planning. The Director also creates financial reports and analysis to support decision makers and external stakeholders and acts as an internal financial consultant to support all internal budget officers.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Professional accounting designation is required (CPA);
- Thorough understanding of PSAB accounting and fund accounting standards is essential;
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills;
- Five+ years of experience in a comparable financial management role, involving the development and leadership of a team of professional and technical staff, preferably in a public sector environment;
- Ability to facilitate and build cross-functional relationships at all levels within the College structure and externally; a diplomatic style that engenders trust;
- Ability to drive organizational strategy, multi-task and meet very strict and tight deadlines;
- Strong knowledge of computerized accounting systems and integrated management information systems;
The complete opportunity profile can be viewed: Here
Contact: JAMES LAING or TONY KIRSCHNER
Leaders International Executive Search
#880 – 609 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC V7Y 1G5
Phone: (604) 688-8422