- Oakcreek Golf & Turf LP
- Calgary, AB in the Foothills Industrial Park
- Job Industry
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
Oakcreek Golf & Turf LP (“Oakcreek”) has an excellent opportunity for a Controller to join our team. Our ideal candidate enjoys a challenge, takes initiative and thrives as business issues increase in complexity. Backed by private equity, we desire to grow our existing Canadian and US multi-OEM platform via acquisition while maintaining a high degree of operating discipline. With our track record of growth and profitability we are confident we have the management team to make this happen. The successful candidate will assume responsibility for the following:
- Drive change and innovation by being a change leader (technology, processes, people);
- Maintain a cohesive team that is forward thinking, collaborative and successful;
- Maintain accounting principles, procedures and records in accordance with GAAP;
- Manage financial statement preparation for the monthly/quarterly operations and other administrative reports, and preparation of deliverables for the quarterly directors meetings;
- Establish the duties and responsibilities of the accounting department staff and delegate authority commensurate with responsibility;
- Manage all aspects of operational accounting including consolidation with our US operations;
- Ensure that internal controls are effective and operational;
- Arrange appropriate internal and external audits;
- Responsible for filing annual tax returns;
- Work with the operations group to provide and maintain the most accurate and relevant data for decision making;
- Actively participate in the development and ongoing execution of Oakcreek’s strategies and objectives;
- Contribute on M&A due diligence and business integration;
- Provide mentorship, training and guidance to all accounting staff;
- Co-Lead the goal setting and performance management activities of the accounting group.
- University degree in a related discipline;
- CPA designation with 10 years of experience;
- Exposure to/interest in IT systems/ERP project implementation;
- Extensive knowledge of Canadian GAAP;
- Strong attention to detail and strong documentation skills are essential;
- Innovative leader with experience in evaluating/implementing automation;
- Excellent leadership and management skills.
If you feel you have the background and are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please forward your cover letter and resume to the email address provided.
We thank all applicants for expressing interest but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
This process will close January 31st, 2021. Candidates shall be contacted shortly thereafter.