Public Practice Senior Accountant
We are a small accounting firm that punches above our weight. Located in the Oliver area, we service a wide range of small and medium-sized businesses. The firm has two partners who are heavily involved with their clients and provide accounting, tax, and consulting services. Our office prepares compilation and review financial statements, along with corporate and personal income tax returns.
We are looking for a hungry, humble and smart senior accountant to join our dynamic team. Whether you are a recently designated CPA, or an experienced technician, we are committed to bolstering your growth and development. The ideal candidate will have that breadth of experience and well-rounded skillset that comes with small-firm, public practice experience. Familiarity with covid-19 programs such as the ever-evolving CEWS would be an asset.
- Prepare notice to reader and review engagement working papers and financial statements
- Reconcile accounts and analyze financial information
- Prepare corporate and personal tax returns, GST returns, T4, T5 and other information returns
- Communication with our clients, government agencies and other professionals
- The position requires proficiency in CaseWare, tax return software (our office uses Taxprep), Excel, QuickBooks/Sage/Xero, and Office 365.
- The ability to adhere to our core principles
- Problem solving
- Ideal team player
Our office takes pride in staying current with technology, so computer skills and a zest for learning are required.