- Environmental Dynamics Ltd.
- 11810 152 Street NW Edmonton AB
- Job Industry
- Construction/Project Management
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
This position is responsible for the overall functions of the Finance department. Reporting to the General Manager, this role supports the Company’s growth by demonstrating best practices in the areas of financial reporting, controls and processes. You will help the Senior Management in the strategic development of the Company through industry leading financial practices. The position is located in Edmonton, AB, based on a 40 hour work week (7:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute an industry leading Corporate Finance strategy.
- Complete operational reporting and analysis; work closely with Senior Management and external auditors to ensure compliance.
- Budget preparation, including development of revenue and expense budgets, and capital expenditures, ensuring alignment to the Company’s strategic vision.
- Provide vision, oversight and support in the delivery of the financial plan.
- Support the Company ownership in building and maintaining relationships with financial institutions, including preparing and presenting various current and projected financial results.
- Analyze and review internal processes and provide recommendations for improvement including software implementation and maintenance.
- Continually evaluate current processes for the opportunity to improve and re-implement revised processes for financial and operational efficiency.
- Develop, lead, engage and assist a strong team of professionals.
- Responsible for managing Billing team
- Required to use structured coaching designed to motivate and develop the members of the Finance team in order to achieve corporate & personal goals.
- Demonstrate ongoing leadership and professional ethical standards within the workplace.
- Perform any other administrative duties as required by managers.
Complete basic accounting functions such as:
- Balance sheet account reconciliations
- A/P, A/R, G/L, bank reconciliations and payroll
- Monitoring cash flow requirements
- Preparing GST remittance returns
- Preparing detailed reconciliations and assisting external accountant with year-end reports
- Overseeing regulatory compliance issues
- Perform month end closing duties/process
- Preparing company payroll
- Inventory preparation