- Sitka Exploration Ltd.
- Calgary-work at home initially (COVID-19)
- Commensurate with experience and 4-day work week
- Job Industry
- Oil & Gas/Mining Exploration and Development
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
Sitka Exploration Ltd. (“Sitka”) – Controller Position
Sitka is a small, Alberta-based, privately-owned oil and gas company producing approximately 5,000 BOE per day and employing 20 staff. Sitka is seeking a well-suited individual for the Controller position. Until such time as the COVID-19 restrictions are lifted, the position will be on a “work from home” basis. All hardware and software will be provided. Sitka has a four work-day week.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Controller’s responsibilities include:
- Preparation of GAAP financial statements including management’s discussion and analysis and all supporting working papers, notes and schedules
- Assistance with preparation of materials for meetings of the Audit Committee and Board of directors
- In coordination with the CFO, maintenance of the corporate insurance program
- In coordination with the CFO, management of credit facilities and liaising with bankers
- Maintaining detailed asset retirement obligation model
- Fixed asset tracking
- Internal controls
- Financial systems support
- Tax compliance (with assistance)
- Audit coordination
- Internal financial reporting
The successful candidate is a CPA and MUST have oil and gas experience, either at an upstream oil and gas company or through participation in financial statement audits of upstream oil and gas companies while in the employ of an accounting firm. Notwithstanding current “work-at-home” arrangements, the successful candidate is a team-player who gets along well with others and enjoys working in a close-knit team.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.