Senior Manager, Taxation
Kingston Ross Pasnak LLP Chartered Accountants is looking to add an experienced Senior Tax Manager to our Tax department. The successful individual would report to the Taxation Partners and Human Resources. They would have a minimum of 5 years or more of public practice post designation tax specialization experience, working independently delivering exceptional client services to a diverse group of clients, developing internal talent and has a proven track record pursuing business opportunities cultivating client and community relationships. The Senior Manager of Taxation would also be responsible for leading and coaching staff developing their tax skills and knowledge producing a consistent quality product in a timely manner.
- The ability to lead with confidence and demonstrate solid people management skills
- The ability to network, execute and develop solid business relationships;
- Sharing knowledge for the development and implementation of strategy to build the business
- The ability to initiate change programs to improve performance
- A proven leader with strong business development and entrepreneurial skills and possess exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, meet strict deadlines and manage multiple assignments in an organized manner
- Prepare initial tax planning such as corporate reorganization plans and review with tax partner
- Provide knowledge and expertise in various areas of Canadian Tax advising the firm’s clients on their Canadian tax compliance requirements;
- Manage, review and prepare federal and provincial income taxes for individuals, corporations and exempt organizations including and GST matters;
- Assist the Assurance and Advisory department with tax and GST compliance matters as required; and Identify marketing opportunities within existing internal and external networks;
- Supporting business development initiatives by building new and existing client relationships and demonstrate knowledge of client business;
- Assist the department with the management of the client deadlines, budgets and production goals;
- Perform technical research, develop tax planning strategies and make appropriate recommendations;
- Train, review and evaluate the work of junior staff for accuracy and completeness.
- Act as a Mentor to Tax Team Members and others within the firm; and
- Presenting at monthly tax meetings.
Knowledge, Education and Experience Requirements:
- Professional accounting designation (CPA);
- Minimum 5 years post designation - tax specialization in public practice;
- Completion of level I and II of the CICA In-Depth Tax Course or the new equivalent (e.g. Level 1, 2 & 3);
- Experience preparing individual, corporate, and exempt organization tax and GST returns;
- Previous Corporate Re-organization and Farm business experience, would be an asset;
- Current with changes in tax legislation; and
- Proficiency in Tax software, Caseware, Excel, and Word.
- Dedicated Professional with a strong work ethic;
- Positive attitude;
- Detail oriented with strong financial, analytical and project management skills;
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and manage complex projects within set budgets and deadlines
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- High attention to detail;
- Ability to work effectively in a high-volume environment;
- Exceptional written and oral communication;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Solid Emotional Intelligence skills; and
- Strong team player.
If you would like to work for a great employer and an amazing team, please submit your resume and cover letter under the “Professionals” section to the attention of Jeannette Blumentrath: https://www.krpgroup.com/working-with-krp/careers. If you have questions, please contact Jeannette Blumentrath, HR Director at 780-420-4767.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.