Intermediate Financial Analyst
- ASEBP - 356286
- Allendale Centre East Suite 301, 6104-104 Street
- Competition #20-82
- Job Industry
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
- Contract (includes summer)
INTERMEDIATE FINANCIAL ANALYST, FINANCIAL SERVICES
Full-Time 14-Month Contract - Competition #20-82
We have an exciting opportunity for an Intermediate Financial Analyst to join our Financial Services team. This position is responsible for handling the employer accounts receivable function, including using reconciliation software to complete complex reconciliations between employer premiums invoiced and remitted. In addition, the position is responsible for cash forecasting, fixed assets, professional accounting support of the Spending Accounts Services team, and adhoc financial analysis and internal initiatives. The successful candidate will be involved in accounting, complex reconciliations, analysis, reporting, and process improvement.
The successful candidate holds their Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation and has a thorough knowledge of reconciliations, financial systems, processes, and reporting.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Maintain and balance employer accounts receivables and related general ledger accounts.
- Generate billing statements and record employer cash receipts.
- Act as the in-house subject matter expert in reconciliation software (Adra), updating matching rules as required to allow for efficient reconciliation between employer premiums invoiced and remitted.
- Prepare summaries of variances identified between employer premiums invoiced and remitted, to allow for further investigation and resolution of variances identified by a cross functional team.
- Investigate and respond to employer billing inquiries.
- Prepare accounts receivable quarterly working papers and related financial statement inputs.
- Prepare cash forecasting.
- Maintain fixed asset module in Microsoft Dynamics GP software.
- Complete accounting for fixed asset additions and disposals, assess useful life, depreciation, etc. and record associated journal entries.
- Prepare fixed asset quarterly working papers and related financial statement inputs.
- Provide accounting support to Spending Accounts Services including reviewing and posting of journal entries, reviewing reconciliations, and providing guidance on accounting issues.
- Participate in the preparation, review and update of accounts receivable, fixed asset, cash forecasting, and spending account process documentation, including key controls.
- Complete ad hoc financial analysis as required.
- Undertake activities associated with internal initiatives, seeing assigned projects through to successful completion.
- Support Manager, Financial Services and Director, Financial & Risk Services.
- Cross-train and provide coverage for other roles within the Financial Services team.
Your Education and Experience
- Completion of a university degree and a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation.
- Three years to five years of related experience.
A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and financial reporting.
- Strong technical accounting skills, and reconciliation skills.
- Intermediate to advanced level skills in Excel.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- The ability to organize work flow and priorities to meet varied needs and requests.
- Strong interpersonal and customer services skill with an ability to communicate with various stakeholders.
- Strong written and verbal skills, including the ability to effectively communicate financial terms and process to a varied audience.
- Experience with financial management systems and an ability to work with multiple systems.
- Experience with reconciliation software considered an asset.
- Microsoft Dynamics GP experience considered an asset.
- Benefits and/or insurance experience considered an asset.
If you have the required qualifications and would like to become a member of our team, please submit your resume by 4PM on Monday, January 25, 2021.
No phone calls please. We thank all interested individuals, but only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. ASEBP is an equal opportunity employer.
All offers of employment for this position are conditional upon satisfactory background and reference checks, which may include a criminal record check, credit check, and/or education and employment verification.