(closes February 12, 2021)
Joly Heinzlmeir Chartered Professional Accountant is a growing accounting firm, located in Red Deer and Sundre, with 30+ years of experience serving a wide variety of clients throughout central Alberta. We build meaningful long-term relationships with the businesses and individuals we serve while providing personalized and professional accounting and taxation services. Our close-knit team of staff, supports and encourages one another which truly makes the work environment a pleasure to be a part of. We are seeking a full-time Intermediate/Senior Accountant, located in Central Alberta, to join our team as we continue to grow and advance.
This position offers opportunities, including a future partnership arrangement.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Efficiently prepare compilation, review, bookkeeping and tax engagements and complete working papers, financial statements, corresponding notes and tax returns for compilation and review engagements for clients in a variety of businesses.
- Compute taxes owed and prepare personal and corporate tax returns (and other tax compliance slips) ensuring compliance with government standards.
- Follow up on review notes, confirmations received and outstanding issues to assist in the completion of the file.
- Apply knowledge of Accounting Standards for Private Enterprise (ASPE).
- Stay current with all the Assurance changes and requirements.
- Assist in setting up Assurance templates, where necessary.
- Communicate with governments regarding information requests, assessments and installments.
- Supervise, train and mentor junior staff members and review their work.
- Effectively communicate with team members regarding progress updates and issues on an ongoing basis.
- Build positive working relationships with clients and effectively respond to requests, queries and suggestions as well as assist them with accounting software, bookkeeping and data entry as assigned.
- Think strategically about client needs by understanding their business and key risks.
- Work with accounting software and provide support to clients.
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes.
- Attend courses to further develop your accounting and assurance knowledge.
- Develop a portfolio of new clients and business opportunities on an ongoing basis.
- Professional designation required.
- Minimum 3 years public practice experience.
- In depth experience in ASPE files.
- Solid technical knowledge of the CPA Canada Handbook
- Thorough working knowledge of programs including, Caseware, Caseview, Taxprep, Excel, Word, Sage and Quickbooks.
- Display strong problem solving, analytical and communication skills.
- Value teamwork, client service and quality in detailed work.
- Possess a strong attention to detail and integration skill set
- Ability to prioritize workloads and manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple staff.
- Ability to be clear and concise through excellent written and verbal communication.
We provide a competitive salary, including medical benefits, member dues, professional development courses, and reduced hours in the summer.
Please reply in confidence with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest. We regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.