Junior Accountant Position - The Pint Group of Companies
Are you an aspiring Junior Accountant looking for an opportunity to advance your career? We are looking for an ambitious and detail-oriented candidate who will be interested in joining a diverse, fast-paced company. We require a Junior Accountant we can rely on to manage daily accounting tasks, hit the ground running, work within a team environment and take initiative. This Junior Accountant is expected to have strong problem-solving skills, work comfortably under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines including month and year end closings.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Payroll & HR management: time sheets processing for cheques/payment, recording and tracking of vacation, holidays and banked time for hourly staff as required, WCB reporting, Annual T4 filing, ensuring new hire and termination documentation meets requirements.
- Assist with federal stimulus portals and requirements
- Accounts payable entry & processing: ensuring invoice packages meet approval requirements, entering invoices and approved expenses, preparing and distributing AP cheques/payments, and investigating vendor inquiries
- Preparation of data for payroll, sales, and cost reports
- Bank & Credit Card reconciliation
- Government tax preparation, filing & remittances: GST/HST, PST (where applicable), Payroll, HET, etc.
- Preparation of monthly financials, and other financial and managerial reporting
- Weekly & Monthly bank deposits, as required
- Directing telephone lines if needed, filling and organization of documents and files, book and manage travel itineraries for directors and managers
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related (essential).
- Certified Professional Accountant (CPA) certificate (advantageous).
- 1 year of Accounting work experience (essential).
- Sound understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
- Analytical mind with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Proven efficiency in reconciliations
- Experience working with Federal government portals sorting through stimulus programs (advantageous)
- Previous exp. In Accounts Payable (AP) and Accounts Receivable (AR) is highly desired Meticulous attention to detail with the superb organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines in high volume environment.
- Critical thinker with a high proficiency in math.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent report writing, communication and IT skills.
- Advanced competency in Microsoft Office and Accounting software packages.
We are looking to fill this role immediately – if this is you, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 29, 2021