- BC Public Service - Ministry of Finance
- $65,252.73 - $74,396.51 annually plus 6.6% Tempora
- Job Industry
- Government/Public Administration
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
Ministry of Finance
$65,252.73 - $74,396.51 annually plus 6.6% Temporary Market Adjustment
The Income Taxation Branch is responsible for effective and fair revenue, tax and benefit administration that helps to provide the fiscal resources necessary for provincial programs and services. The Income Taxation Branch also manages revenue in relation to statutes that it directly administers and statutes that are administered by the Canada Revenue Agency on behalf of the Province.
The Tax Auditor is responsible for the planning and conducting of tax audits and other compliance initiatives under, and supporting administration of, one or more branch programs. Locations of audits may be within or outside the province. This position is also responsible for providing key advice and recommendations on establishing and updating assessment practices and procedures used by the branch to administer various tax statutes; keeping them relevant and current, to optimize both tax revenue to the province and customer service to our taxpayers.
This is your opportunity to live in one of the most beautiful regions in British Columbia and work for the BC Public Service. We offer a healthy work/life balance, excellent benefits and much more.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. We acknowledge all Indigenous peoples on whose territories we work and play. We honour their connections to the land and respect the importance of the diverse teachings, traditions, and practices within these territories. Consider joining our team and helping us build an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Must be a member in good standing with a professional accounting designation (CPA, CA; CPA, CGA; CPA, CMA; or CPA), issued by The Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada (Note: confirmation of the professional accounting designation in good standing will be required at the offer stage before an offer of employment can be made) AND
- Minimum of three years’ experience in accounting and /or auditing, including a minimum of one year of audit experience.
- Preference may be given to applicants that have:
- Experience in tax administration.
- Advanced MS Excel experience (exporting and importing data, working with various complex charts and tables, working with pivot tables and pivot charts, working with macros).
For more information and to apply online by February 8, 2021, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/74052