- ZyTech Building Systems LP
- Leduc, Alberta
- Commensurate with experience
- Leduc Plant Controller
- Job Industry
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
Zytech Building Systems supplies top quality roof trusses, floor joist systems, lumber/bream packages wall and floor components, stairs, along with design and engineering services. Our team boasts top performers in customer service, design, production and delivery, a team that provides you with total quality assurance. On every project, our designers use engineer-approved software to thoroughly examine and design your building.
Position Purpose Statement:
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Plant Controller is responsible for the management of financial and internal controls of our Leduc branch. The position will also be reporting to the Leduc Branch Manager on day to day activities at the branch.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years CPA Designation.
- Minimum 5 years of operational accounting experience in an inventory manufacturing environment.
- Excellent leadership, communication and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated success in a similar role in manufacturing and/or residential construction with excellent knowledge of the inventory cycle.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Excel.
- Credit and collection experience in a customer service focused environment.
- Experience with budget vs actual variance/margin analysis.
- Experience with activity based costing or overhead absorption accounting.
- Hands on, roll up the sleeves approach.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and complete process improvements in an ERP system.
- Good understanding of Key Performance Indicators, development and tracking.
- Customer service focused (internal & external).
- Superior project management skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics, Great Plains and Epicor BisTrack.
- Understanding Wood Frame Construction.
- Understanding of Logistics.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for credit applications, checking references, establishing credit limits, collections. credit releases for sales orders, builders Liens and security arrangements
- Preparation of bank deposits, credit card receipt processing, customer account posting.
- Assistance in resolving customer enquiries, customer disputes and back charges relating to their accounts (customer care-working with Branch Manager and sales team)
- Reporting, review and analysis of key performance indicators and gross profit levels. Leading monthly branch financial review meetings and budgeting meetings with branch management and head office.
- Assisting the sales group with special projects, quotations and profitability analysis by customer.
- Responsible for Internal Controls which includes the continuous improvement of business systems, internal controls and procedures in every aspect of our business.
- Ensuring adherence to contract price levels and internal pricing policies.
- Overall responsibility for the accuracy of inventory on our systems. Assisting Purchaser/Inventory Controller with inventory counts.
- Assistance with the training of all new staff and developing improvements to information systems (Epicor Bistrack, ZyTrac, Connect, Great Plains)
- Backup and vacation relief duties in invoicing, inventory control, purchasing, production planning and hourly employee time review/approval etc.
- Safeguarding assets/Security systems administration.
- Ensuring all branch purchases and costs are appropriately authorized and in accordance with internal control policies. Entering accounts payable invoices for the branch.
- Participation in branch Safety Committee.
- Special projects as required.