Senior Treasury Analyst
- Strathcona County Human Resources
- Sherwood Park, Alberta
- $43.51 to $54.39/hour or $79,188 to $98,990/year
- Job Industry
- Education, Finance
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
Senior Treasury Analyst
Competition number: 019-2021-EXT-CFIN
Closing date: 02/07/2021
Job type: Temporary Full-time
Department: Corporate Finance
Pay range: $43.51 to $54.39 per hour ($79,188 to $98,990 per year)
Hours: 35 hours per week
This posting is for 1 temporary, full-time position for up to 11 months
The Senior Treasury Analyst provides leadership, expertise and stewardship in treasury accounting, in-depth financial analysis, and reporting and internal control expertise to contribute to the planning and delivery of comprehensive treasury services for Strathcona County. This position partners with senior financial staff to coordinate the provision of critical financial analysis to inform decision makers in the management of treasury operations.
- Provide professional financial accounting, reporting and complex analysis to assist the Senior Cash Management Advisor with the delivery of treasury services; implementation of financial reporting requirements including investments, debentures, financial securities and deposit liabilities
- Prepare and analyze treasury results for multi-year budgeting and forecasts; communicate information, draft reports, recommendations and presentations, and provide guidance to financial staff for consistency and compliance
- Assist in establishing and reviewing accounting processes, segregation of duties and improvements in cash, investments, long-term debt, deposit liabilities and financial securities, and ensure compliance and approval of transactions
- Provide leadership, expertise and stewardship in Treasury accounting for interest allocations, financial securities, deposit liabilities, investment and borrowing decisions; manage deposit liabilities and financial securities; communicate the timing of debenture draws and submission of debenture applications
- Assist with year-end activity, prepare reserve activity presentations, investment analysis and investment reports, and participate on special projects
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of relevant municipal and provincial legislation, public sector/government practices, and municipal policies and procedures
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and financing principles, financial statement reporting and audit standards
- Strong strategic, critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to exercise sound judgement and work under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills, with the ability to interact effectively with various teams and within a political setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Strong computer proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite and thorough knowledge and experience with computerized integrated accounting software packages
- Post-secondary degree in Business or Commerce with a major in Accounting and three years of related experience, or a related Diploma with five years of related experience
- Experience in a municipal environment is preferred
- Enrollment in CPA professional program and current professional development courses in treasury related functions is an asset
Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered. In addition to providing a dynamic working environment, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials as noted in the resume.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies for similar positions within the next 6 months.
Competition #019-2021-EXT-CFIN closes February 7, 2021
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We only contact candidates selected for interviews.
Candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter along with their resume.