SAF Group (“SAF”) is a Calgary based alternative investment manager actively deploying capital with a focus on credit & structured equity investments. Since its formation in 2014, SAF has allocated over $2.5 billion in equity and credit and employs more than 20 people in Calgary, Vancouver, Toronto, and London.
We are seeking a Valuations Analyst as a critical addition to our growing firm. Reporting to the CFO as part of the Operations Team and in support of the Investment and Asset Management Team, the Valuation Specialist will have lead responsibility for individual investment and Fund level return analyses and valuations for the purposes of both marketing and audits.
The ideal candidate will be a high energy and self-starting individual with strong communication skills, attention to detail, work ethic, and a strength in effectively managing multiple responsibilities while allocating time to the highest priorities within the firm.
- Create and maintain valuation and reporting for individual investments as well as valuations for the Fund(s) in the aggregate;
- Calculate returns and sensitivities, as necessary, for individual investments and for the Fund(s) in the aggregate;
- Review amendments on a pro-forma basis to individual investments for the potential impact on risk, covenants and returns profile both on an individual basis and for the Fund(s) in the aggregate;
- Prepare valuation memorandums for third party review;
- Assist the Investment and Asset Management Team to understand potential accounting policy impacts on individuals as well as for the Fund(s) in the aggregate;
- Assist the financial reporting and accounting teams and executive team in the creation of board level and valuation committee reporting packages
- Create ad hoc cash flow and valuations analyses, as required by the executive team; and
- Liaise with auditors and valuation specialists on each individual investment and for the Fund(s) in the aggregate.
The following qualifications are considered critical:
- Completion of a Bachelors’ or Masters’ degree with a focus on finance or accounting, and completion of a post-secondary designation in the same (CPA/CFA required);
- 3-5 years work experience in a finance position (valuation, private equity, credit, research, investment banking, etc.);
- High proficiency in Excel™, PowerPoint™, and Word™; and
- An ability and interest in working in a team atmosphere.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should e-mail a single page resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position title (“Valuations Analyst”) in the subject line by March 31, 2021. We appreciate your interest in this position, however, only applicants selected to participate in the interview process will be notified.