ATLAS GROWERS LTD.
LOCATION: EDMONTON, ALBERTA, CANADA
POSITION: JUNIOR ACCOUNTANT (FULL TIME)
Founded in 2015, Atlas Growers is a Canadian pharmaceutical cannabis production company located in Edmonton, Alberta. We strive to improve people's lives by producing high-grade cannabis flower and related cannabis products while simultaneously leading the industry on the science behind the historically misunderstood and misrepresented cannabis plant. With a talented team of educated, experienced and dedicated members, a growing list of exciting new partnerships, and our ultramodern cannabis production facility and laboratory; we hope to change the framework of what is understood about cannabis while pushing the limits on the myriad of medically viable phytochemicals it produces.
Our state-of-the-art, purpose built 38,000 square foot building, is designed to cultivate and process the highest-grade cannabis products possible. The technology incorporated into the building and industry-leading cultivation practices are coupled with a fully indoor, climate-controlled environment to enable the customizable ecosystems needed to properly cultivate the cannabis plant at maximum efficiency.
This is a rare opportunity for anyone looking to get in on the ground floor of a premium pharmaceutical cannabis producer. With it, you'll get the chance to directly impact a burgeoning industry and work with other highly motivated individuals in creating its identity. If you believe in our mission, and know you can offer the type of passion, knowledge, and expertise necessary for this position, we'd like to hear from you.
The Junior Accountant will be a key member of the accounting team at Atlas responsible for the timely processing of invoices, approvals, and payments; while also providing accounting team support. The ideal candidate will have some experience in accounts payable, full cycle accounting or a strong desire to learn the fundamentals of corporate accounting through putting in the work. We are looking for someone with exceptional attention to detail and able to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Role and Responsibilities
- Manage the day-to-day accounting with an emphasis on accounts payables
- Main point of contact for AP inquiries for the organization
- Organize and facilitate matching of invoices to purchasing documents
- Liase with vendors to obtain statement of accounts and perform account reconciliations
- Make recommendation to the Accounting Department on outstanding accounts and payments
- Assisting in with month end procedures
- Preparing payroll and benefits processing, including handling confidential information
- Any other ad hoc duties, reporting and processing as requested by management or executives
- 0-3 years of full cycle accounting experience or a strong desire to learn
- Completed post secondary with a focus on Accounting
- Comfortable operating in a start-up environment
- Excellent attitude, willingness to engage with a dynamic team environment
- Experience working with Sage X3 or similar ERP system
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Experience with Power BI, Power Automate, SDA and reporting tools
- Strong communication skills both spoken and written
- Great attention to detail
- Enrolled in or looking to pursue the CPA Designation
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Health and dental benefits
- Potential enrollment in the employee stock option plan
- Professional development opportunities
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Atlas Growers seeks to fully integrate the principles of Employment Equity and will ensure the full participation and advancement of members of historically disadvantaged groups (i.e., members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, women, and indigenous peoples).