- North American Construction Group
- Job Industry
- Oil & Gas/Mining Services
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
Responsible for the facilitation of the SOX process owners with the development, implementation and monitoring of a Company-wide risk management assessment designed to comply with regulatory requirements (notably Sarbanes-Oxley legislation “SOX”) and sound business practice requirements.
Responsible for the preparation of accounting technical analysis in support the Finance department as needed.
- Champion the SOX compliance and reporting process for the Company to comply with regulatory requirements (notably Sarbanes-Oxley legislation) and sound business practice.
- Day-to-day management of the Company’s Internal Control tracking, testing and reporting software and oversight of all documentation updates, control testing and control issue action plans.
- Ensure the timely completion of quarterly and annual assessments of internal controls (including scheduled testing of controls), remediation of audit comments and internal control weaknesses.
- Remain current in the technical understanding of the requirements and reporting for the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Provide quarterly and annual internal control integrity reporting to senior management.
- Work with all business process owners to develop, document, implement, monitor and report internal controls designed to mitigate Company-wide risk (as defined by the Company’s framework of key risks and mitigating controls).
- Work with business process and control owners to ensure the timely and accurate maintenance of business process and internal control documentation.
- Support the execution of the internal audit process.
- Evaluate internal audit processes and internal controls for efficiency, effectiveness, and compliance to policies. Prepare recommendations for appropriate actions to the control environment to eliminate or minimize business risks.
- Ad hoc technical analysis in support of the finance department or training as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Economics or Business Administration related to Finance and Accounting.
- Within degree education or supplemental to, courses related to risk assessment and controls auditing preferred.
- Enrolment and active participation in achieving a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation.
- Minimum three years’ experience in an Accounting, Finance and/or SOX-compliant business environment.
- Highly organized and detail oriented to track results.
- Strong understanding of business risks, internal controls, and interdependencies within an end-to-end control environment.
- A strong working knowledge and understanding of information systems and control environments used for control monitoring, control activities and auditing.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills (creative and innovative) and analytical skills.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office (Word and PowerPoint etc.) with a strong knowledge of Excel and Visio.