Senior Corporate Accountant
- Maclab Properties Group
- Edmonton, AB
- Job Industry
- Real Estate Development, Sales & Leasing, Property Management
Maclab Properties Group is looking for a creative and energetic Senior Corporate Accountant
Who are you?
The successful candidate will have solid technical skills and the ability to multi-task. They will be a quick learner with strong attention to detail and never stop looking for improvements in processes. They have honesty, integrity, and a keen ability to keep information confidential. The successful candidate will have the ability to work under pressure and handle multiple projects with tight deadlines.
What will you do?
Below are some of the primary responsibilities you will be taking on in this role. There will be more, but we can discuss that in person.
- Prepare accurate and timely IFRS financial reporting including management reporting
- Introduce and develop new procedures to improve the accounting process and improve departmental workflow
- Assist the Director in supervising and managing other members of the team
- Prepare accounting journal entries and reconciliation of accounts, monthly financial statements and year end note disclosures as required;
- Preparation of corporate and personal income tax returns including detailed supporting working papers for various corporate entities and individuals as assigned;
- Prepare quarterly cash flow reports with comparison to budget, variance analysis, and forecast updates;
- Review monthly Goods and Services Tax filings on a timely basis as required;
- Review reconciliations of Investment broker statements and identify appropriate journal entries for investment transactions;
- Assist in supporting external auditor requests, creating and maintain working paper files for audit purposes and other ad hoc reports.
- Assistance with FACTA reporting requirements
- Assistance with Canadian branch for U.S. reporting and compliance requirements.
- Assist in corporate projects as they arise.
- Coordinate and collaborate with Midwest Accounting team in obtaining information and reports necessary in preparing corporate reports and regulatory findings.
- A CPA or other recognized designation, along with 4 years of related accounting and tax experience in the property management or real estate industry
- A minimum of four years experience as a corporate accountant or in public practice
- Thorough knowledge of ASPE and IFRS financial statement disclosure requirements
- Basic knowledge of corporate, commodity and personal income tax compliance requirements
- Experience in completing tax returns and financial statements including pro-forma tax returns
- Ability to analyze and present financial results with ease and has strong problem-solving skills
- Experience with CaseWare and CCH Corporate Tax prep is a desirable asset
- Experience in US tax filings and reporting will be considered an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
At Maclab Properties Group and Midwest Property Management, we have managed quality residential and commercial rental properties in Alberta, British Columbia and the North West Territories for the last 50 years.
We are committed to providing the best value and quality for our residents by consistently maintaining our properties and delivering excellent customer service. We serve a variety of cities within Western Canada, including Edmonton, Calgary, Red Deer, Medicine Hat, Yellowknife, and Burnaby.
Our commitment to our residents and our communities allows us to fulfill our mission statement: "Where community lives."
With over 200 employees, Maclab Properties Group and Midwest Property Management offers a multi-generational, inclusive work environment where we groom exceptional people, develop leaders and deliver on our mission. Midwest Property Management is a division of the Maclab Properties Group, a Canadian leader in the property management industry. Since our founding in the 1950's, our growth has paralleled that of Alberta and Western Canada.
We offer a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefit package, company matched RRSP contribution plan, comprehensive group benefits, health and fitness spending accounts and premium rental opportunities.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check.
If you have worked in the property management or real estate field, you have a leg up on other applicants because you understand the market. Make sure you highlight this experience.