- Confidential Employer
- Edmonton, AB
- Please describe the salary you are seeking.
- Job Industry
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
Financial Accountant A/R
Full-time: Monday – Friday
Closing date: June 10, 2021
An Edmonton based organization is seeking a full-time financial accountant. The main responsibility of the position is to manage, in close partnership with our collection staff, the accounting requirements of billing and collecting on our extensive mortgage portfolio, which includes allocations for taxes and insurance. Other accounting tasks will be assigned which may fluctuate according to need. This position will also serve as direct back-up to the Finance Manager, providing for vacation coverage or other required absences. In this role, responsibilities will include job costing and monthly internal financial close related duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversight of all changes in home status calculations and subsequent journal entry requirements, including but not limited to: opening new mortgage calculations for all mortgages currently offered, as well as all home repurchase and tenancy payout calculations.
- Oversight and related accounting entries for all monthly invoicing and home payments, including accounting for any adjustments to accounts receivable balances, including adjustment for NSF payments and related interest penalties.
- Annual update/review of mortgagee income, property taxes and insurance.
- Ensuring mortgage financial policies and required accounting signoffs are adhered to and any exceptions to policy are escalated as required.
Accounting Related Responsibilities
- Bank reconciliations.
- Reconciling/managing cash suspense account.
- Understanding and ability to periodically complete monthly job costing
- Oversight and ability to complete month end tasks, including, but not limited to:
- Month end accrual entries (prepaids, deferred revenue, fixed assets, and other re-occurring close entries
- Mortgage discounting entries
- Preparation of the monthly close binder
- Preparation of internal financial statements.
- Ad hoc reporting as required and other duties as assigned.
- 3 years of direct experience in an accounting environment.
- Preference will be given to candidates with Great Plains software.
- Solid understanding of accounting fundamentals (debit/credit) and the relationship between sub-ledgers and the general ledger.
- Strong intermediate level Microsoft Excel skills are required.
- Competency in Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Preference given to candidates with formal accounting training.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to be highly organized, be able to prioritize work, meet deadlines and work efficiently.
- Workplace productivity demonstrates a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work individually and as a cooperative member of the department and be able to work with various other departments at all levels of the organization while displaying strong communication skills.
- Portrays a professional demeanor with a positive attitude.
- Possesses integrity.
- After a successful 3-month probationary review, the employee is entitled to a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, vision, travel assistance, accidental death & dismemberment insurance, life & critical illness insurance.
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage is provided.
- Employer-sponsored RRSP plan.
- Employee assistance program.
- Safe, respectful, and healthy work environment.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to Human Resources. In your cover letter or email, please indicate your salary expectations for this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
More search results
Manager, Finanical Compliance & Corporate Sustain…
North American Construction Group
CPA Articling & Co-op Positions
Kingston Ross Pasnak LLP - 336976
Alberta Motor Association
Assistant Treasurer/ Finance Committee Member
EDMONTON LIFELONG LEARNERS ASSOCIATION (ELLA)
Senior Accountant (Maternity Leave Coverage)