At KRP, everything we do is designed to empower people to reach their full potential. That is our purpose. It is what we stand for, what we believe, and why we do what we do.
For 75 years, Kingston Ross Pasnak, LLP Chartered Professional Accountants (KRP) has been serving clients in western Canada, becoming one of the region’s largest, full-service accounting firms. We provide the personalized advice that our clients need to maintain their competitive edge, and we deliver that expertise with the responsiveness of a much smaller firm.
We aim to establish deep relationships with our people, clients and community through excellent service, personal connections, superior knowledge, and forward-thinking innovation. We empower people by providing opportunities for personal and professional growth, and through our involvement and support.
More than merely accountants, we empower our clients with the information and analysis they need to make informed decisions. When you place your trust in KRP, you receive the agility, perspective, and responsiveness of 17 senior partners and more than 150 professionals who have deep roots in Alberta. We build lasting relationships with each client while providing extraordinary, innovative services.
KRP is currently looking for full-time CPA Articling & Co-op Students who will serve as integral members of our Assurance and Advisory Services Department. The individuals will work collaboratively with all members within the department in preparing compilation engagements, reviews, audits and all related financial reporting documentation. The students will report to their respective managers and to the Human Resource Manager.
The individuals will be responsible for taking initiative and ownership in their files and demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills in receiving and providing constructive feedback. They will be reliable, organized, adaptable, and an enthusiastic team member who will thrive in a fast-paced environment.
At KRP, we attribute a large part of the Firm’s success to our CPA Articling & Co-op Students.
- Prepare compilation engagements, personal tax, audit and review engagements
- Plan and review and a variety of engagements as required, as the individual progresses in their role
- Assist with a variety of accounting tasks and projects
- Assume the position of trusted liaison between managers, partners and clients
Competencies & Attributes:
- Ability to navigate a fast-paced professional services environment, and adapt in situations of change and ambiguity
- An ability to follow direction effectively and work well both independently and within a team
- Keen attention to detail
- Demonstrate a high-level of accountability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a high aptitude for providing exceptional customer service
- Strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
CPA Articling Student Qualifications
- Bachelor of Commerce degree or equivalent from a recognized post-secondary institute with a major in Accounting
- Completion of all required CPA pre-requisite courses, as outlined by CPA Alberta
- Knowledge and experience working in accounting software such as CaseWare, Tax Prep, QuickBooks, and Simply Accounting would be an asset
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Excel would be an asset
Co-op Student Qualifications
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor of Commerce degree or equivalent program from a recognized post-secondary institute with a major in Accounting
- Beginner to intermediate proficiency in Excel would be an asset
- A desire to work towards achieving the necessary pre-requisites to enter into the CPA Program, upon graduation from a recognized post-secondary institution
- A competitive compensation and benefits package (benefits for CPA Articling students only), plus performance-based bonus incentives commensurate with experience and market.
- If you are interested in this role and meet the above criteria, please send your tailored resume in PDF format and submit your resume through our website: under “Students.”
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
More search results
Manager, Finanical Compliance & Corporate Sustain…
North American Construction Group
Alberta Motor Association
Accountant Financial A/R
Assistant Treasurer/ Finance Committee Member
EDMONTON LIFELONG LEARNERS ASSOCIATION (ELLA)
Senior Accountant (Maternity Leave Coverage)