TransCanada Turbines Ltd. is the only company in the world approved to maintain, repair and overhaul aero-derivative industrial gas turbine engines manufactured by both Siemens and General Electric and we are committed to providing exceptional service to the Energy, Pipeline and Power Generation Industries in a Healthy and Safe working environment.
Airdrie, Alberta, Canada
Reporting to the Manager, Finance, the General Accountant is responsible for providing assistance in all financial and accounting activities within the Finance department.
The duties may include but are not be limited to the following:
- Analyze and maintain the job costing provisions. This includes the reconciliation, posting, review with the projects team, and release of excess amounts
- Maintain the company’s WIP account. This involves the continuous review and maintenance of these accounts. Coordination with internal stakeholders and external consultants is required
- Perform detailed margin analysis and customer invoicing
- Maintain the monthly customer deposit reconciliation, and perform the month end FX revaluations
- Maintain stand-alone work orders – review and clean up as needed
- Maintain the accounting for rotary parts pools, ensuring proper valuation and accounting integrity
- Maintain the company’s accounting for warranties. This includes month end entries, review of WIP for costs, and the preparation of the warranty reconciliation/summary
- Reconcile and prepare the Monthly Sales Summary Report for review with Senior Management
- Prepare monthly balance sheets reconciliations.
- Work with the Project team and Procurement groups to ensure compliance with corporate policies
- Over time, be regarded as an expert and “go-to” person in the use of the iFlight.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports & analyses when requested by Director, Finance and Manager, Finance in a timely and accurate manner.
- Increase knowledge of the HSE Policy and Manual and maintain a positive attitude towards the health and safety of myself and my coworkers.
- Take ownership of HSE issues and demonstrate enthusiasm and support for HSE.
- Other duties as directed by the Manager, Human Resources.
Skills and Requirements
- University degree in business required, preferably with an accounting major
- Minimum of five years of related work experience required
- Being a CPA candidate would be an asset
- Ability to interpret and analyze financial data and prepare financial reports and statements
- Ability to manage a number of priorities simultaneously and deliver against deadlines
- Enthusiastic self-motivated individual
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient at Microsoft office, while being particularly strong in Excel
- Ability to adapt and learn new software. Experience in the use of any accounting software is an advantage.
- Good teamwork skills.
- Ability to represent TCT in a positive and customer-focused manner at all times.
Employee/team flexibility is of prime importance to TransCanada Turbines. It is important that all employees are willing and able to assist with any activity, at any time, as necessary to support the needs of a changing and demanding customer base in the gas turbine repair and overhaul business. This is particularly important during the current COVID-19 pandemic.
The minimum training and/or educational requirement for this role is five (5) years related experience or a combination of education and experience that allows the individual to adequately perform the role, as determined by the Manager, Finance.
More search results
Director of Finance and Business Administration
St. Thomas Aquinas Roman Catholic Schools
Manager Corporate Accounting
Director of Finance
Black Gold School Division
Volunteer Audit Committee Member
Calgary Catholic School District
Director of Finance and Administrative Services