Financial Controller (CFO) - Relocate to Lethbridge
- Ability Resource Association
- Negotiable base on experience
- Job Industry
- Not-for-profit and Charitable Organizations
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
Ability Resource Association is recruiting an Operations Director who will support strategic alignment of financial, operational, and non-profit business practices to meet the current and future needs of this service focused, non-profit organization. This is a senior management position reporting to the Executive Director.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree in Accounting or Business Management
- CPA designation in progress or completed preferred
- 5 or more years of experience in accounting and/or business management roles
- Experience in a supervisory/leadership role
- Experience with operations of a non-profit, charity would be an asset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Solid skills in Microsoft Office programs and data management systems
- Track record in continuous improvement in a similar role
Duties will include
Member of the Management Team of the Association.
- implementing Board directives; moving the organization toward its stated mission; developing long-term strategies; coverage for Management Team members; liaison with peers in related organizations
Financial planning for the Association.
- budget development and administration, administration and oversight of funding contracts; apply for and manage funding grants; management of cash flows, capital planning and expenditures; insurance and risk management; financial & statistical information systems
- oversee the financial operations of the Association including: proper expense coding and approve payroll; journal entries and monthly financial statements; reporting to the Finance Committee and Management; external financial reporting (e.g. Provincial & Federal Governments); complete and file government reports (e.g. Annual Charities Return, Alberta Registries, Annual Society Return, etc.); prepare, coordinate and assist with the annual audit
Manage buildings and equipment for the Association.
- building renovations and maintenance; building security, parking and grounds; janitorial, vehicle and general equipment maintenance; use of facilities; oversee internal and external IT functions
Coordinate the Business Operations of the Association
- oversee the Administration and Bottle Depot/Production teams and business functions; review business operations for efficiencies and long-term sustainability; business documents, reports, and licenses
Why work for Ability? We are a well-established community access and employment support service provider in the Community Disability Services sector. We offer stable weekday operational hours. We operate social enterprise, non-profit business opportunities that support the mission and strategic goals of the organization, while providing benefit to the community. We believe in our people and in our mission! This position also provides:
- Competitive salary
- 37.5 hour work week
- RRSP matching
- Supportive team environment
- Competitive Blue Cross health/wellness program
- Life insurance
- Short Term/Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flextime, wellness time & paid sick leave
- Financial support for education/training
- 3 Weeks paid vacation time
- Phone or allowance
- Long service awards
- Employee reward program
- Travel and work expenses covered
- Excellent health and safety record
- Free parking at all locations
Ability Resource Association is a charitable non-profit organization that has been supporting people with disabilities in our community since 1953. The Association operates three sites in Lethbridge: Ability Resource Centre/Ability Bottle Depot North, Ability Bottle Depot South, and JobLinks Employment Centre. We are an Accredited Agency with a strong health and safety culture. Information about our organization may be found at www.abilityresource.ca
Please contact Rob Dombowsky, Human Resources Director, at 403 329 3911 ext 104. Walk in applicants following covid protocols are welcome.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for the next stage will be contacted. This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate has been found.