We believe in new beginnings, solid foundations and breaking down barriers of financial freedom.
Tua gives people a chance to live everyday life regardless of the current financial situation they find themselves in. We want to ensure people have access to funding when they really need it.
As we continue to grow, we are looking for a Co-Op Accounting Student to join our finance team! The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on projects throughout the organization, including working within risk and compliance, operations, and customer experience.
Please Note: This position is open to both those seeking full-time and summer/co-op student positions.
Reporting into the Financial Controller, this Co-Op Accounting Student will be responsible for:
- Assisting with full-cycle accounting, including accounts payable, bank reconciliations, accounts receivable, prepaid assets, and accruals.
- Assisting with Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable invoicing and providing reports to the Financial Controller.
- Performing revenue cut-off procedures at month-end.
- Preparing and processing journal entries to ensure business transactions are recorded.
- Assisting with cash flow planning and budgeting through daily maintenance of the accounting systems.
- Assisting with general ledger maintenance.
- General support to the Financial Controller, as required.
On your resume, we will be looking for the following:
- Previous internship as a Junior Accountant or similar role
- Completion or working towards a post-secondary accounting education
- Working knowledge in Microsoft excel
- A background in accounting software (please list the ones you’ve used!)
- Your written communications
- Experience or skills in data and analytics, including the use of Power BI, would be a bonus.
During the interview, we want you to demonstrate:
- Your drive to complete your CPA
- Your working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Your understanding of basic accounting procedures (US GAAP preferred)
- Your experience / understanding of a multi-currency and multi-entity environment
- Your verbal communication; especially as you will multiple individuals at all levels of the organization
- Your organizational and problem-solving skills
- Commitment to growth and learning, dedicated to doing the job right
- Values-driven right from the get-go
- Our mission: we blend technology and humanity to create affordable and accessible financial products for consumers, merchants and financial institutions.
- A salary range of $19.00 to $22.00 / hour (based on previous exposure)
- Full benefits program
- Excellent flexibility with life and work
Please upload your cover letter (this is important, as we’d like to see your writing skills!) and resume (in one document). While we appreciate all applications, only those deemed qualified by the hiring manager will be contacted.
More search results
2021 CFE Writer or Newly Designated Chartered Pro…
Kenway Mack Slusarchuk Stewart LLP
Bilingual Tax/Business Analyst (En/Fr)
Trilogy Software Inc.
Financial Controller - Nine Months Contract
Petrus Resources Ltd.
Intermediate / Senior Accountant
Sihota Taylor [on behalf of our client]