Do you love identifying details and patterns that others miss? Do you relish the chance to provide certainty where there was ambiguity? We want you to take that purpose-driven mindset and help AIMCo deliver on our vision of providing prosperity, security and opportunity across generations of Albertans.
Our Corporate Finance team is hoping you are our future Senior Cost Analyst who will help us reconcile investment costs for all asset classes throughout AIMCo. You will have the opportunity to collaborate on various complex tasks such as the annual Cost-Effectiveness Management (“CEM”) Benchmarking reporting, the quarterly External Investment Fees Report, and the quarterly Controller’s Reports.
- Compiling external investment costs for AIMCo financial statements
- Collaborate with internal counterparties to ensure quarterly investment management fees are accrued and reported materially correct
- Preparing quarterly controller's reports for clients
- Preparing variance analysis for external investment costs on a quarterly basis
- Assessing the reasonability of prime loan fees on a monthly basis
- Working with Front Office to ensure accurate calculation of quarterly management fees for external fund managers
- Perform various reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Assist in annual financial statement audit process
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- Business, Accounting or related Degree/Diploma is preferred
- Professional designation such as CPA or CFA is required
- 5+ years in a related accounting or investment field is required
- Experience with Simcorp Dimensions is an asset
- Strong attention to detail
- A quick learner who is goal and results oriented
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Power BI is an asset
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to AIMCo’s core values of excellence, transparency, humility, integrity and collaboration, and inspires the same in others
One year success will be demonstrated by knowledge of AIMCo’s pool structure as well as our clients’ asset mix.
Benefits and Rewards
- Exciting special project work and stretch assignments
- Ongoing training, coaching and educational reimbursement programs
- Health care spending account and onsite fitness facilities
AIMCo is one of Canada’s largest and most diversified investment managers, with over $118 billion of assets under management for 32 clients, a diverse group of Alberta public sector pension plans, endowment funds, and government accounts representing all Albertans.
We are guided by the core values of excellence, transparency, humility, integrity and collaboration.
AIMCo is mindful and responsive to actively evaluating, assessing and optimizing risk to achieve superior performance for Albertans. We believe that every employee is empowered and accountable for managing risk.
We are excited to meet you. Please submit your resume or CV to be considered for this opportunity. Applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis, we will be in touch with any questions.
NOTE: Final candidates will be asked to undergo a security screening, which includes a credit bureau and a criminal record investigation, the results of which must be acceptable to AIMCo.