Supporting Volker Stevin North America and its diverse group of companies, the Assistant Controller, Corporate will support the Corporate Controller in supervising the accounting and finance department, and coordinating financial reporting and accounting activities/processes for all companies.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA, CPA or equivalent) required
• Relevant post-secondary business degree in accounting or finance
• Excellent technical accounting knowledge and application in IFRS and Canadian ASPE frameworks
• 6+ years of relevant financial reporting and/or public accounting experience, including solid experience with accounting, tax and audit. Experience must include expertise in consolidation and investment accounting, as well as financial reporting for a publicly listed company.
• 4+ years of experience in a senior accounting role directly managing teams with various skill sets
• Advanced management accounting skills, including experience with construction projects, an asset
• Ability to lead, motivate, mentor and develop a large team in a high growth company
• Strong analytical and problem skills
• Strong work ethic and attention to detail and accuracy
• Experience in construction industry, an asset
• Microsoft Office proficiency (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Advanced Excel skills, including but not limited to Pivot tables and V-Lookup
• Experience with SQL, an asset
• Experience with Vista by Viewpoint ERP, Microsoft Dynamics or other relevant ERP system, an asset.