ChatterBox Theatre Society
Calgary, Alberta, T2Z 2M1
ChatterBox Theatre Society is a charity serving South Calgary and Okotoks regions. As per our mission, we are more than a theatre as we are dedicated to delivering a meaningful theatrical experience to young audiences through interaction and humour, teaching children positive values and offering them support in their development stages, building a stronger community by encouraging public interaction and dialogue, and nurturing and promoting our local artists. We focus on the values of family, friendship, teamwork, and trust. We lead by example, so we need to be what we want our children to become.
Treasurer - Board of Directors Position type: Part-time, Volunteer
ChatterBox Theatre Society is looking for a Treasurer, Volunteer Board Member. The treasurer will offer guidance to the President, Board of Directors and the Executive Director, ensuring good fiscal planning, decision-making and oversight at a governance level. The board treasurer is an executive and voting member of the board of directors.
- Oversee the financial administration of ChatterBox Theatre Society in accordance with provincial & federal legislation and Canadian GAAP.
- Ensure all annual reports required by the Canadian NFP Act, at local and federal levels, are completed in an accurate and timely manner and the financial reports are ready for examination and review when necessary.
- Keep the board of directors informed regarding the financial health of the organization.
- Ensure effective financial measures, controls, policies and procedures are in place and followed as prescribed.
As a team member and director of board, you will:
- Safeguard the activities of ChatterBox Theatre Society, ensuring the strategy and culture are respected at all times.
- Increase community involvement and promote the efforts of ChatterBox Theatre Society.
- Assist the organization in community art/theatre projects and fundraising when needed.
Skills and Experience
- CPA designation
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with a team
- Demonstrated interest in the arts, education and/or increasing community involvement with children and families
- Creativity, positivity and integrity are mandatory values.
- Previous board experience is an asset but is not required
Compensation: This is a volunteer position.
Commitment: 1 hour per month for regular BOD meetings. + 2 to 4 hours per month to discuss and manage financial decisions and reporting, if necessary. 2 to 3 hours for the Annual General Meeting to review the organization’s achievements: mission, strategy, budget and actual, fundraising, etc. This position may be required to attend special ad hoc meetings when necessary.
If you share the same values, want to be a part of an exciting organization, and would like to make a valuable contribution to our community, please send your resume and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about our plans, people and culture, visit our website at: https://www.chatterboxtheatresociety.com/
We are strongly committed to diversity, equity, and inclusivity within the community. We welcome and encourage applications from all religious backgrounds, BIPoC, persons with disabilities, and others who can contribute to the diversification of our community. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume and a cover letter.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.