TimberRock is hiring! The Company is looking to fill a 3 – 4 month, full time contract position for a Controller. This position may become a permanent position.
This position will assume responsibilities for all day to day activities in accounting and finance.
TimberRock is a private oil and gas company with operations in central Alberta. The Company continues to grow and prosper in these difficult times, so are looking for a team player that is comfortable in a busy environment and an individual that is keen to learn and grow with the Company.
- Planning, direction and coordination of all accounting operational functions
- Work closely with operations to provide information as required
- Manage the accumulation of all financial data necessary for the accurate and timely reporting of business results and required analytics
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements
- Coordinating information for Insurance renewals
- Coordinating activities of external auditors
- Assessing ongoing processes and controls, offering recommendations for streamlining and improving efficiencies
- Maintaining documentation of control environment
- Evaluating the effectiveness and managing upgrades of accounting software and supporting systems, as needed
- CPA designation
- 5 years industry experience in upstream oil and gas
- Knowledge of IFRS
- Proficient with technology
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of products required
- Experience with Q-Byte, Optix and Open Invoice an asset
- Excellent communication and analytical skills