Stampede Drilling is looking for an experienced Corporate Controller to join our Finance team at our head office in Calgary, Alberta. This role will offer an opportunity to work closely with a small Finance department, with the opportunity to utilize your skillset and mentor a growing team. We offer excellent benefits, a competitive salary, and a great work environment.
Stampede Drilling is an established drilling services company operating in Western Canada. We are recognized by our peers and industry as a leader in drilling performance. The Management team recognizes that it is the skill and dedication of our employees that drive our value and reputation.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Corporate Controller is responsible for the preparation of financial and management reports, assists in the budgetary preparation and liaises with auditors.
- Compiling monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements;
- MD&A and related reporting requirements;
- Researching and formulating recommendations that apply to IFRS and/or Canadian GAAP updates;
- Assisting in design, development, implementation and monitoring of internal control systems and processes;
- Implementing and monitoring treasury functions in conjunction with the CFO;
- Assisting in the due diligence process on any acquisitions or divestitures which may arise and integrate acquisitions when applicable;
- Providing leadership to a team of professionals and leading other various special projects; and
- Any additional duties as required by the CFO or President & CEO.
Qualifications, Skills and Education Requirements
- CPA designation or other formal accounting designation.
- Minimum 10 years accounting experience with 5 years management experience;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent organizational, communication and analytical skills;
- Excellent team work and ability to work well with various levels of staff and management. This position interacts regularly with both operational and finance team members;
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Experience with Netsuite would be considered an asset; and
- Strong analytical skills and ability to explain and interpret financial results at a senior level.
More search results
Director, Financial Excellence wiht Technical
Janet David + Associates Inc.
Full-Time Staff CPA
LINDA M. SIMPSON PROFESSIONAL CORPORATION
Financial Controller - Nine Months Contract
Petrus Resources Ltd.
Intermediate / Senior Accountant
Sihota Taylor [on behalf of our client]