Position Details 1.0 FTE, Out of Scope, Permanent
Competition Number 21-035 (please quote when applying)
Closing Date June 22, 2021
The Finance Manager is responsible for the management and administration of the Finance Department including the preparation, administration and monitoring of: operating and capital budgets, monthly accounting, financial planning and reporting.
- Provide support and supervision to the Finance Department.
- Review federal and provincial financial reports prepared by the Senior Finance Officer.
- Attend scheduled departmental Managers' meetings.
- Assist in the recruitment, training and performance evaluation of Finance staff.
- Approve journal entries for new fiscal year budgets.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of accounting files and records.
- Review all business transactions, accruals and adjustments, reconciliations prepared by the Senior Finance Officer and/or Finance staff for completeness and accuracy.
- Participate in financial planning activities and lead cash forecasting, investment and capital asset management.
- Coordinate the development of the operating and capital budgets at the Program level.
- Coach Program Managers in the development and administration of their budgets and subsequent monthly reporting of variances and forecasts to their budget.
- Coordinate the rollup of Program level Budgets, Variance Analysis and Forecasts to the Department and Organization level.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and other financial reports required in compliance with Grant agreements.
- Provide support in the development of business proposals.
- Assist the Director with Board reporting by providing financial statements, variance analysis and forecasts on a regular schedule and other reports as required.
- Monitor accounting activity for compliance with financial policies and processes and make recommendations to promote sound system of internal control.
- Prepare for and lead annual audits, supervisory meetings and annual staff performance evaluations.
- Must possess CPA designation.
- A minimum of two (2) years' experience in Financial Management or leadership role.
- Minimum 7 years' working experience in accounting required.
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Experience with not for profits ideal, but not mandatory.
- Ability to write concise reports to various audiences.
- Effective communication skills with all levels of an organization.
- Strong analytical skills and above average to exceptional Excel skills designing complex spreadsheets.
- Ability to adapt to and learn new software. Recommend and implement new software that will improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Superior organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
$105,000-$130,000 depending on experience.
We are a learning organization that promotes and provides educational opportunities for staff.
Our employee benefit package consists of excellent extended health and dental benefits – including acupuncture and massage - life insurance, short term and long term disability. We also have a registered pension plan in which CASA contributes to almost 4.5% along with your contributions! These benefits and more are available to you after your first 90 days with CASA.
We appreciate your interest in CASA Child, Adolescent and Family Mental Health. However, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. CASA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. CASA is not currently accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. Only those candidates permissible to work in Canada are applicable to this position.
Submit your resume email@example.com