Manager, Accounting and Assurance
KBH CHARTERED PROFESSIONAL ACCOUNTANTS (KBH) is a leading Alberta-based Accounting and Advisory firm with offices in Edmonton and Provost. KBH offers a full range of services designed to meet the financial and consulting needs of our client’s owner-managed businesses. This year, as we celebrate 40 years of being in business, we continue to value team growth & development, our clients, and our communities. Come and join our fast-paced, energetic, and fun-filled environment!
We are currently looking for a permanent full-time Accounting and Assurance Manager for our Edmonton office. This role is perfect for an experienced CPA with at least one year of managerial experience in Public Practice. This individual is a self-sufficient, positive and motivated individual with the ability to manage and mentor staff while reviewing NTRs, Review Engagements and Audits. This role is perfect for a self-disciplined, positive, professional and motivated leader. The successful candidate must have amazing leadership, internal/external client service and relationship-building skills.
Responsibilities for this role include:
• Managing and mentoring staff on an ongoing basis
• Reviewing Notice to Readers (NTRs), Review and Audit Engagements
• Providing professional advice and support to clients to assist them with their requirements
• Reviewing corporate and personal tax returns, while providing our clients with beneficial tax strategies and solutions
• Collaborating with the management team to assist in staff development, identify issues, potential solutions and making recommendations
• Maintaining a good understanding of accounting software
• Providing technical support to team members on various programs
• Being a part of or leading firm related initiatives and/or projects
The successful candidate must have:
• A Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) or related designation
• At least 5 years of experience working in Public Practice, with at least one of those having been in a managerial capacity
• Proficiency in MS Excel & Word, Caseware, TaxPrep
• Knowledge of QuickBooks Online or similar online software would be an asset
• Exceptional client service, managerial, multi-tasking, organizational and time management skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills with excellent attention to detail
Looking for the Right Fit? Then start with the Right Firm. KBH offers a challenging and rewarding experience, excellent compensation & benefits, Fridays off in the summer and much more. If you are interested in our firm and this position, please email your cover letter, resume and salary expectations to Human Resources at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found.
Also, please visit our website at www.kbh.ca. No phone calls, please. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.