Grande Spirit Foundation (“GSF”); with over 55 years’ experience; representation of 12 municipalities; and together with over 100 dedicated staff; the GSF organization has been providing reasonable priced housing, quality care and dignity to seniors and families in the Grande Prairie Region.
The GSF organization is currently recruiting for a Senior Accountant to join the GSF team. This position shall efficiently deliver financial and accounting services in accordance with all pertinent legislation(s) and Board policies.
This role will be responsible for such areas as:
- financial plans and policies.
- accounting practices.
- Supervision which includes lead by example over:
- general accounting - accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger account reconciliations, bank reconciliations, cash flow analysis
- all payroll functions
- property accounting
- internal annual auditing
- cost accounting
- budgetary controls
- financial analysis as required to support operations and new project decision making and identify opportunities for cost savings
- prepare financial reports and Government reporting, including quarterly reports, charity return and GST returns
- development of the annual budget
- the conduct of organization’s relationships with lending institutions and the financial community.
- the maintenance of its fiscal records.
- advising on tax matters and the preparation of financial reports.
Experience and Qualifications:
- A minimum of a diploma in in accounting, finance or related field required
- CPA designation highly preferred.
- A minimum of five years accounting experience; preference in a non-profit or another housing management body.
- A combination of training and experience will be given consideration in lieu of formal educational requirements
- Experience in auditing an asset.
- Skilled with computer software Microsoft Office365 and SharePoint
- Good understanding of computerized accounting systems and payroll software.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments and key business partners.
- A genuine interest and empathy for the care of senior citizens and low-income families and individuals
This position has amazing perks such as:
- Competitive compensation
- Exceptional Health & Dental Benefits along with Life Insurances
- Great vacation and Work/Life balance incentives
- Supportive in Professional Development and ongoing Training for all levels of staff
- The ability to work in a Progressive and Innovative organization
Please apply to:
Grande Spirit Foundation
9505 – 102 Avenue
Grande Prairie, AB T8V 7G9
The Grande Spirit Foundation would like to thank all applicants for their interest with our organization; however, only those selected for the interview process will be contacted.
The Grande Spirit Foundation hires on the basis of merit and is committed to employment equity. We encourage all qualified persons to apply. Please note that a successful candidate will be required to undergo a Criminal Record Check prior to commencing the job role.
More search results
Director, Financial Excellence wiht Technical
Janet David + Associates Inc.
Full-Time Staff CPA
LINDA M. SIMPSON PROFESSIONAL CORPORATION
Financial Controller - Nine Months Contract
Petrus Resources Ltd.
Intermediate / Senior Accountant
Sihota Taylor [on behalf of our client]