Senior Financial Analyst
Surge Energy Inc. is an oil focused E&P company that has a high-quality crude oil reserve, production and cash flow base. Surge has elite, operated properties characterized by large OOIP crude oil reservoirs with low recovery factors, over 750 net low risk development locations providing over 14 years of drilling inventory, and numerous high quality waterflood opportunities. Surge’s management team has initiated an orderly, on-going risk management/hedging program designed to maintain the balance sheet. Surge’s common shares trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol SGY.
Surge is currently accepting applications the position of Senior Financial Analyst.
This position will report to the Manager, Financial Reporting and will oversee the accurate and timely preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial results and be responsible for various external reporting and tax deliverables.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements and MD&A in compliance with IFRS
- Accounting for financial instruments, depletion and depreciation, asset retirement obligations, leases, business combinations and equity based compensation programs
- Primary liaison with Surge’s external auditors
- Responsible for determining the appropriate IFRS accounting treatment for complex transactions and implementing new or amended IFRS standards
- Preparation of materials for Board packages
- Preparation of other public documents such as the AIF, prospectus filings and press releases
- Research and implementation of changes to securities regulations and review of securities filings
- Lead the design of internal controls over financial reporting (CSOX) and provide internal oversight
- Preparation of quarterly and annual tax provisions and the annual tax return
- Tax forecasting, planning and research
- Other tax compliance requirements
- Various ad hoc projects and data analysis for key members of the Management team
- CPA designation with public accounting experience focused on oil and gas clients; industry experience considered a strong asset
- Advanced excel skills; Qbyte or Workiva experience would be an asset
- Advanced knowledge of IFRS, Canadian oil and gas taxation and CSOX
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail
- Must be a self-starter with a proven ability to achieve results in a fast-paced team environment
Interested candidates should forward a resume, prior to July 9, 2021 to: email@example.com
Surge Energy Inc.
2100, 635 8th Ave SW
Attention: Tori Bannon, Human Resources Advisor