Manager of Finance
Peace Hills Trust is Canada’s largest and oldest First Nations owned federally regulated financial institution, and is also Canada’s only independent Trust Company. Employing over 100 people, Peace Hills Trust provides personal and business financial services through a network of 8 Regional Offices and electronic services.
Peace Hills Trust is wholly owned by the Samson Cree Nation of Maskwacis, Alberta. Its Corporate Office is located in Edmonton, Alberta.
We are seeking a Manager of Finance to lead the Accounting and Treasury team, provide oversight on financial and regulatory reporting, and implement improvements to business processes. This individual will be instrumental in positioning the finance team for continued success in this dynamic financial services environment.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Manager of Finance role will be located in our Corporate Office in downtown Edmonton, Alberta.
- Lead Accounting and Treasury team
- Implement improvements and efficiencies to current business processes and internal controls
- Prepare and coordinate implementation of business process documentation
- Work closely with CFO to design analytics to assist with monitoring of key performance indicators
- Adopt a continuous improvement mindset to financial practices resulting in new or enhanced processes to support growth
- Research changes to accounting and regulatory standards and communicate implications to the relevant departments
- Conduct performance reviews and provide constructive feedback
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Coordinate timely monthly and annual financial statements and reports, including thorough analysis to validate accuracy
- Review and monitor cash flows to ensure compliance with liquidity requirements
- Prepare and coordinate accounting information for external and internal auditors
- Coordinate the timely preparation of regulatory reports
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
To be successful in this role, you should be a highly motivated individual, willing to implement change.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA)
- 5+ years of accounting and finance experience, including experience in auditing, financial reporting and financial statement preparation
- 3 – 5 years of demonstrated management and leadership experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of internal controls and business processes
- Strong business strategy and finance acumen, including problem-solving skills, tactical executing, critical and innovative thinking
- Experienced in coaching, mentorship and performance management
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to be self-directed with strong time management skills
Peace Hills Trust offers a competitive salary based on skills, qualifications, and experience, along with a comprehensive benefits package.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please forward your cover letter and resume to:
We appreciate the interest of all applicants however only those selected for consideration will be contacted.
Closing Date: July 30, 2021