Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
- Contribute to the achievement of CP’s financial and operational goals through effective risk management by assisting in the development and sustainment of internal control policies, procedures and processes.
- Assist with monitoring and reporting to management CP’s internal controls design and effectiveness.
- Assists with the overall management of the SOX 404/302 program for CP;
- Helps manage quarterly certification of controls process by business process owners and VPs;
- Plans and performs internal controls testing to ensure completion of annual SOX program in an efficient and effective manner and in compliance with regulatory requirements;
- Works closely with external auditors, internal audit and business process owners to coordinate efficient and effective execution of testing plans including scheduling of testing and remediation of control deficiencies;
- Works with control owners to address control deficiencies and ensure that remediation plans are implemented by management on a timely basis;
- Assists in the preparation of reporting to senior management of control deficiencies and status of remediation;
- Takes every opportunity to continuously improve CP’s internal control framework;
- Assists management in the maintenance of the risk and control library;
- Maintains and improves documentation of internal controls and management’s documentation of processes and controls in the Governance Reporting and Compliance software;
- Monitors CP processes and the regulatory environment (PCAOB, SEC, COSO, etc.) for changes that could impact CP’s internal control framework.
- Undergraduate degree in Commerce, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or other relevant fields;
- Professional Accounting Designation;
- 3-6 years in accounting, auditing and / or controls design or assessment;
- Detail working knowledge of PCAOB requirements and COSO framework;
- Effective relationship builder;
- Continuous improvement mindset, strong attention to detail and drive for results, strong communication skills (written and oral), self-starter;
- Experience in planning and project / task management;
- Strong ability with Microsoft Office products specifically Word, Excel and Visio;
- Working knowledge of SAP ECC and SAP GRC.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").