Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Cash Management Analyst is primarily responsible for the accounting of daily bank transactions, intercompany financial transactions, and assisting with monthly and quarterly close processes. The Cash Management Analyst will work closely with the Treasury and Tax departments in terms of cash management and financial structure.
- Account for daily bank transactions, monitor bank accounts, and cash management;
- Complete monthly bank and outstanding disbursement reconciliations;
- Prepare and document complex journal entries pertaining to intercompany financial transactions;
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/annual forecasts and analysis for non-operating income and expenditures;
- Assist with month end close and external quarterly reporting, including preparation of notes;
- Identify process improvements that support a timely close, forecast accuracy, and ability to report;
- Ensure financial reporting is in compliance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP), Tax or securities regulation, as applicable;
- Ensure accounting and reporting process complies with applicable internal control (SOX) requirements; and
- Address and respond to queries from auditors and internal reviewers.
- Undergraduate degree in Commerce, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Mathematics or other relevant field;
- Registered in training towards an accounting designation;
- Knowledge of accounting and reporting cycles;
- Knowledge of US GAAP (desirable);
- Application Expertise (desirable): ERP/SAP, BPC, Excel, Workiva;
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to meet deadlines and work independently in a fast-paced environment; and
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").