Team Lead, Financial Reporting, Corporate Reporting
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Team Lead Financial Reporting leads the team that coordinates month end close activities, prepares monthly consolidated results and maintains quality and integrity of consolidation data and processes, prepares summarized analysis of financial results, governs journal entry controls, prepares external financial disclosures, as well as maintain working relationship with cross-functional teams.
- Oversee the month end close process to ensure a timely close;
- Oversee the consolidation activities and execution of the plan with multiple internal stakeholders that provide information into the consolidation process or require its output to drive alignment;
- Review journal entries, consolidation entries and reconciliations;
- Review procedures performed on periodic journal entry testing for control purpose and ensure that Delegation of Journal Entry Procedure policy and procedure are followed;
- Oversee the implementation of process improvements that support a timely close, ability to report and provide better control and review over journal entry posting;
- Prepare or review the monthly flash report and quarterly earnings waterfall (executive report on monthly or quarterly financial results, including metrics, business drivers and variance explanations);
- Review external financial disclosures including quarterly summarized financial information and non-gaap measures;
- Lead or support team projects and initiatives including quarter end and year end external reporting and management reporting, process documentation, data management and system optimization;
- Coach, supervise and develop direct reports;
- Assess and research implications of significant financial transactions;
- Ensures financial reporting is in compliance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP), tax or securities regulation as applicable and SOX;
- Address and respond to queries from auditors and internal reviewers.
- Accounting (CPA) Designation;
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience required;
- Knowledge of US GAAP requirements, desirable;
- ERP/SAP expertise (desirable);
- Application Expertise (desirable): BPC, Excel, Workiva, Blackline;
- Process Management Skills;
- Possess a strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders;
- Ability to set and meet deadlines and work independently in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong verbal and written communication Skills.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").