Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Corporate Reporting Analyst or Specialist prepares CP’s monthly consolidated results on a timely basis and maintains quality and integrity of consolidation data and processes. This is a hands-on role requiring good analytical skills and a pragmatic problem-solving approach. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to grow their career in a dynamic organization.
- Plan the detailed consolidation activities on a recurring basis in order to support rapid and accurate execution;
- Coordinate execution of the plan with the multiple internal stakeholders that provide information into the consolidation process or require its output to drive alignment;
- Prepare monthly consolidation entries and execute the consolidation routine and troubleshoot process errors to support a timely and efficient closing process;
- Prepare monthly consolidated income statement, adjusted income statement and balance sheet which are used by the leadership team to evaluate the company’s performance;
- Prepare quarterly summarized financial information disclosure required to support the company’s compliance for its financing activities;
- Support other consolidation related activities that contribute to the reporting safety and data integration, which may include:
- Assess consolidation implications of significant financial transactions, including internal inter company financing activities, test their impacts and ensure consolidation logic is maintained at all levels of consolidation;
- Reconcile cumulative consolidation entries to original transactions and base ledger;
- Identify, analyze and reconcile inconsistent information such as unbalanced intercompany receivable/payable or investment/equity in order to recommend adjustments where necessary;
- Identify and analyze possible improvements to the reporting process and implement selected solutions;
- Prepare account reconciliations as part of the monthly/quarterly reporting process;
- Assist with other financial reporting activities;
- Ensure financial reporting is in compliance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP), Tax or securities regulation, as applicable;
- Ensure reporting process complies with applicable internal control (SOX) requirements;
- Address and respond to queries from auditors and internal reviewers.
- CPA designated or training towards a CPA designation;
- Knowledge of accounting and reporting cycles;
- Knowledge of US GAAP requirements, desirable;
- Application Expertise (desirable): ERP/SAP, BPC, Excel, Workiva, Blackline;
- Process Management Skills;
- Possess a strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to set and meet deadlines and work independently in a fast-paced environment;
- Quality verbal and written communication skills.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").