Prairie Provident Resources Inc. (“PPR” or the “Company”) is a Calgary-based public company (TSX:PPR) engaged in the exploration and development of oil and natural gas with conventional operations primarily focused in the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin in Alberta.
Reporting to the Manager, Financial Reporting, the General Accountant will be a key contributor to the accounting team with responsibilities encompassing a variety of disciplines, including treasury accounting, capital accounting financial accounting, income taxes and system maintenance. This role will provide development opportunities and the ideal candidate will be keen to learn about different aspects around accounting in the oil and gas industry.
- Prepares treasury entries, bank reconciliations and cash book;
- Prepares monthly account reconciliations;
- Responsible for master data maintenance in the accounting system (Qbyte);
- Assists with financial accounting entries;
- Assists with preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting and management reporting;
- Assists with the preparation of other public documents such as the AIF, management information circulars and press releases;
- Assists with the compilation of income tax returns and provisions;
- Assists in the documentation and maintenance of the Company’s internal control policies and procedures; and
- Other duties as required.
- Recent completion of a CPA designation;
- Proficient in MS Office;
- Strong attention to detail and deadline-orientated;
- Energetic and pro-active;
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal and the ability to work well in a team environment;
- Eager to learn and contribute effectively to a small team; and
- Experience with Qbyte, Optix, Workiva and AFE Navigator an asset.
Interested candidates should forward a resume, prior to July 30, 2021 to: Info@ppr.ca
Prairie Provident Resources Inc.
1100, 640 5th Ave SW
Attention: Valerie Nessman, Human Resources Generalist
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
- Application form: General Accountant 2021 (559kb) (the link will open in a new window)