GGT Chartered Professional Accountants has experienced continued growth and is looking to hire an Associate to ensure that we maintain our high level client service and positive working environment.
Our clients include small and medium-sized business and their owners along with high net-worth individuals. Our practice provides a wide range of accounting, tax, and advisory services for private corporations, trusts, and individuals.
We value a work/life balance and promote a workplace culture that is professional and friendly.
At GGT Chartered Professional Accountants, you will have the opportunity to help our clients navigate the complex accounting and tax world. Direct contact with clients and working collaboratively in our team will lead to you becoming a trusted advisor.
As an Associate, you will be able to help our clients identify and solve accounting, finance, and tax issues while working alongside a supervisor and the partners to provide high quality services.
We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and support for students.
The preferred start date is October 1st, 2021.
You will work with a supervisor and the partners on multiple engagements to produce high quality deliverables to our diverse client base. Your primary responsibilities include the preparation of annual compliance engagements. These engagements include reviews, notice to readers, corporate tax returns, trust tax returns, and personal tax returns along with employee/shareholder remuneration filings.
Additional Responsibilities Include
- Assist a supervisor and the partners with ad hoc advisory and tax engagements under their supervision.
- Politely and professionally work with our clients to acquire information to assist with the year-end compliance.
- Knowledge of Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises along with Canadian corporate, trust, and personal tax rules.
- A university degree or equivalent in accounting (or a related field) and enrollment in CPA Alberta’s PEP, enrolment to write the CFE or recently passed CFE.
- Ideally two years of public practice experience working with small and medium sized businesses.
- Professional and strong work ethic with a positive attitude and desire for personal and professional growth.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to work as a team player, interact with a supervisor, partners, and clients with exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Process oriented with strong documentation skills.
- Professionalism through a positive and cooperative attitude and by maintaining the confidential and proprietary nature of client relationships.
- Experience working with TaxPrep, Caseware, QuickBooks, QuickBooks Online, and Microsoft Office Suite is an asset.
- Experience preparing T1, T2, T3, T4 and T5 returns with commercial tax preparation software, and preparation of GST returns is an asset.
- Comfortable working in a home office environment as well as a physical office environment.
If you would like to work for a progressive employer and a growing team, please submit your cover letter and resume/CV to email@example.com with the subject line “Associate Application”.