Are you looking to make a difference? Our team is all about hiring, inspiring and training great people while maximizing their creativity to bring new experiences to the community.
The Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo’s (RRC) “ONE Team” is the core of Canada’s largest community and recreation events experience. Driven by teamwork & passion, we make a difference by inspiring fun through innovative programming and extraordinary experiences. As a Canadian Not-for-profit Corporation, the RRC embraces our vision to be the place where our communities gather, play & connect, creating memories that last a lifetime.
Through a sustainable, flexible, and community-driven approach ONE Team seeks to use technology and best practices to achieve a standard of excellence in the establishment and operation of facilities for recreation, sport, culture and events in the Wood Buffalo region.
Under the direct supervision of the Controller, you will be responsible for maintaining the integrity of the financial records for the Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo (RRC). Where needed the Director, Corporate Services shall provide guidance and supervision. However, all HR matters including but not limited to time entry, time off requests, coaching and performance management shall be managed by the Controller.
- Overseeing the daily supply chain operations of the organization including but not limited to planning, execution, and control and monitoring of procurement, logistics, receiving and asset management.
- Lead Capital Portfolio Management for the organization including support for initiation, planning, execution and project close-out.
- Liaise with RRC Project Managers to follow-up on project completion status, expediting receipt of required project documentation and facilitating progress payments.
- Preparation and/or coordination of financial statements, summaries, and other cost- benefit analyses and financial management reports.
- Helping coordinate the financial planning and budgeting process, and analyze and correct estimates.
- Review and report cash flow of the organization including generating cheque register, bank reconciliations, etc.
- Maintaining all trust accounts on behalf of the RRC including maintaining support documentation.
- Actively monitors and presents Master Data management opportunities on various systems.
- Performs internal audit procedures as required such as spot-checking safe, floats, inventory etc.
- Supports the Manager, Finance and Supply Chain Services in the development, maintenance and monitoring of internal controls to safeguard the corporation’s assets.
- Act as a key resource supporting the Controller on special projects, external audits, and continuous process improvements in such areas as internal control environment, account reconciliations, cash flow management, purchasing and accounts payable, expense reimbursements, and financial reporting.
- Monitor and report to the Controller concerning any trends that are critical to the organization’s financial performance.
- All other job related duties and responsibilities as directed by the Controller or Director, Corporate Services.
QUALIFICATIONS: Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance or commerce.
- Professional accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA) or working towards a designation is an asset.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of progressive accounting experience (those with fewer years of experience may be considered)
- Experience with a multiple facility (location) / complex accounting environment.
- Non-profit or large public corporation experience or in public accounting.
QUALIFICATIONS: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of Sage 300 is an asset.
- Excellent technical accounting skills and knowledge of GAAP.
- Must possess strong leadership, motivational, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage changing priorities, meet strict deadlines and work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- This position may require travel between our various facilities within the Wood Buffalo Region. Access to reliable transportation is necessary.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License Required
- Criminal Record Check
- This position requires full time work (40 hours per week) and a flexible schedule including statutory holidays, early morning, late night, and weekend work.
- This position involves periods of high mental and/or emotional stress driven by tight timelines and changing priorities.
- Moderate physical activity is required;
- This position may include heavy lifting of supplies and equipment up to 40 lbs. occasionally and 20 lbs. frequently.
- This position requires sitting or standing at a desk for an extended period of time, working for extended periods on a computer, talking on the telephone, standing, walking, kneeling, stooping/bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, pinching, gripping and repetitive motion.
- This position demands frequent use of sensory activities such as talking, seeing, hearing, depth perception and color vision.
- Constant, positive interaction with multiple stakeholders is required.
All employees are responsible and accountable for Regional Recreation Corporation’s health and safety policy. All employees at every level should be familiar with the requirements of the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety legislation as it relates to their work processes.
The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to policies. These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this job.