FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT – EXTERNAL REPORTING
At Paramount Resources Ltd. we’re driven by a passion to be the best.
Paramount is dynamic, fast-moving and not content with the status quo. A combination of focused approach, technical expertise and financial depth has propelled us into one of the top exploration and production companies in Canada.
While our continued progress can be attributed to many factors, our people are the primary reason for Paramount’s success. Our premium land positions, diversified portfolio and financial flexibility set the stage for our talented teams to showcase their proven ability to deliver top-tier results.
Be part of the energy – join Paramount today!
We’re a Canadian company based in Calgary, Alberta and our shares trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol POU.
About this Opportunity
Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Reporting and Accounting and based in our Calgary head office, this position is an integral part of the financial reporting team, whose primary responsibility is to meet the Company’s external reporting and continuous disclosure requirements.
Job functions will involve:
- Preparing and analyzing financial statements and management’s discussion and analysis for external and internal reporting
- Researching, analyzing and preparing accounting memos, calculations and disclosures for complex transactions and other matters
- Leading research projects related to the adoption of new accounting standards and policies
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly consolidation, financial statements and management reports for consolidated and legal entities
- Preparing journal entries and disclosures for leases and hedge accounting
- Supporting other initiatives of the finance group including developing new disclosures, processes and enhanced reporting
- Other ad-hoc and accounting projects as required
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- CPA designation with two to four years of post-qualification experience
- Knowledge of IFRS and continuous disclosure securities regulations
- Knowledge of accounting and information systems
- Detail oriented with the ability to think broadly and strategically
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- High-performing individual able to meet deadlines based on broad guidelines
- Ability to see the overall business context in which the finance group operates
- Oil & Gas experience would be an asset
Benefits of Joining the Paramount Team
This position will provide you with an opportunity to leverage your skills in support of a nimble, Canadian-based energy company. You will receive on-the-job experience, coaching and training and work in a collaborative learning environment. Paramount offers competitive compensation that includes excellent health and wellness benefits.
Paramount is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. Interested candidates who have the required qualifications and wish to apply may submit a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Paramount invites all qualified applicants to apply before the closing date of July 30, 2021.